Work outs

I try to play ddr at least once a week for like three hours but damn i wish i could drive so I could get down there every day.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Dec 1, 2003 @ 07:09 PM

DDR seems to be working well for some of my friends. =)

Bah to DDR!

If video games start getting people in shape, I'll no longer be an odd specimen for a gamer. I like being unique. :p

Originally posted by Jurai@Dec 1, 2003 @ 07:52 PM

why dont you get a home pad

I have a modded softpad but i cant really bust out mad aerobic activity with that, not to mention lack of bar which helps me get through max 300 and the like.

Originally posted by Gallstaff+Dec 1, 2003 @ 07:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gallstaff @ Dec 1, 2003 @ 07:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jurai@Dec 1, 2003 @ 07:52 PM

why dont you get a home pad

I have a modded softpad but i cant really bust out mad aerobic activity with that, not to mention lack of bar which helps me get through max 300 and the like. [/b][/quote]

Really? i go buck wild when im at home. i am alone so i can be more "goofy" if i want. And a bar? You don't need the bar! If i have a fake hip and can do max 300 without it, then i bet you could get it down to.

That's usually about what I run, so yeah.

Then again, I'm a large man with a bad back... not to mention the fact I've had three knee surgeries from football injuries... so I kinda got to take it light, ya know?

So if you find it's a bit easy on you, kick it up a notch. Though 2 miles is probably just fine to keep you in a pretty healthy condition. If you find yourself finishing within 10 or 15 minutes though, you might wanna kick it up to 3.

Heh I got done in about 20 minuetes all together (I ran a mile then ate dinner, waited 20 minuetes than ran another)

You think thats too little time for 2 miles?

It's probably about where you should be starting if you're running it in 2 separate sittings and it takes you 20 minutes. That's an average of 10 minutes a mile... when you're down to 6-8 minutes for each mile, that's when you should consider moving up.

I'm running my 2 miles in about 15 or 16 minutes. I've not kicked it up just yet.

Well since you're teh major jock with the muscles and whatnot, you think what I got going now is working:

2 miles a day, 100 crunches, 100 pushups, 50 arm curls with 20 pounds (not trying to get major muscle just tryin to mantain shape) and that's it. I know there are other ab exercises i should be doing but I still havnet learned what they are.

For maximum aerobic benefit you want to do get your bpm around 145-155 constant for at least 35 minutes. You get the most benefit from doing it 7 days a week, unbroken. But if you have to do it broken, just gun for 150.

Yeah, that's why I lift the weights as hard as I do. Gotta keep the heart rate up after the running.

You could always just go with the classic exercise bike too... not as much strain on your joints, and it'd be easier to keep track of the time with. Not to mention the fact you can watch tv or something at the same time too.

Yeah I bet it would.

Well, I that situps work 2 of the abs but does anyone have any links on teh interweb that show me how to do other ab exercises to get the full definition?

Sex isn't that much activity.

Having sex is about as much 'work' as walking up a flight of stairs. Or was it two? Either way, it's pretty meaningless unless you go way overboard.

Back