Work outs

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Nov 30, 2003 @ 03:54 AM

I'd snipe something back at jurai right now, except that I agree (except the homosexual part).

Yeah, he is right about that. If you are trying to get in shape, don't do it for that chick. But ya know, a little :wanker on the side from a hot chick never hurts! Unless you have a girlfriend..... <_<

Shitface knows what's going on.

And why should the topic be locked just because cloud doesnt like it?

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with trying to get in shape. What's wrong with trying to get girls to hang around by looking good? The whole idea is that they wouldn't want to even get to know the real you if you didnt look good, but if you do they'll want to know more about you and they could realize that they dont care about what you look like but youre really a cool person.

All chicks hands feel da same dood, dont matter if they are hot or not, just close ur eyes and pretend

Originally posted by Jurai+Nov 30, 2003 @ 02:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jurai @ Nov 30, 2003 @ 02:31 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Cloud121@Nov 30, 2003 @ 12:51 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Scared0o0Rabbit
@Nov 29, 2003 @ 11:34 PM

I really hate it when people use the word fag, it makes them sound so unintelligent. With that said, I too am rather flabby... the trick is to laugh with people. In all seriousness, the kind of people that make fun of a little flab aren't the fun people. And who wants to hang out with the not-fun people anyway? What really matters is how you see yourself, and fuck everyone else's opinion. I'm rather sick of the whole trend of "blah blah blah, I need to go lose weight".

Exactly! People pick on me all the time at school! Although not for the way I look, but for the way I am. I usually just laugh with 'em, laugh it off, and just not care. Try it. I just might work....

the way you are, aka homosexual?

and also, my opinion is that if the chick doesnt like you as you are now, she isnt worth your time and effort, find someone who likes you for you not for your body [/b][/quote]

What the hell? What makes you think that?

Jurai just has issues and his only outlet to vent is an online message board, as sad as that may be. Just nod your head.

What a coincidence, I'm about to go on my little annual health tear myself. Diet, exercise, and another attempt at quitting smoking.

Something that sounds corny as fuck, but actually works well is the new weight watchers diet. The one with the "'points system" or whatever. My dad lost around 100 lbs on it. I lost 60 on it last year. (brought back nearly 20 from going to college and drinking waaaayyyyy too often). And by the way, that 60 lbs I lost was in 4-6 months, so you'll actually see some results pretty quickly. You might wanna look into it.

Exercise-wise... can't beat the basics. Wake up, stretch, 100 pushups, 100 situps (or crunches), run 2-3 miles, walk a bit to cool down, stretch again.

I happen to love lifting weights too. If you have access to some free-weights, go for it. Free-weights are a lot better than the machines solely for the reason that you have to use a lot of stabalizing muscles that would otherwise go unused on a machine. Bench, incline bench, decline bench (really check this one out for building up a chest), squats, hang cleans, curls, tricep extensions... the works. Good shape is nice for the ladies. Being built as all holy fuck is good for yourself.

Originally posted by Jurai@Nov 30, 2003 @ 01:31 PM

All chicks hands feel da same dood, dont matter if they are hot or not, just close ur eyes and pretend

:lol: . Well if you gonna look at it that way, you could just let your friend Frank do it or something.

Anyway, it being a hot chick is just more of a moral booster.

Originally posted by Shitface@Dec 1, 2003 @ 02:11 PM

I'm sure you meant morale booster, but that's kind of funny.

Originally posted by mal+Nov 30, 2003 @ 10:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Nov 30, 2003 @ 10:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Shitface@Dec 1, 2003 @ 02:11 PM

I'm sure you meant morale booster, but that's kind of funny. [/b][/quote]

:lol: Ha! Well, i guess if you have low standards on chicks, it can be sorta a moral booster!

take up beating up bums that's a moral booster but watch out they tend to have guns sometimes

get in shape for yourself if it makes you feel better then good for you dont do it for others do it purely for yourself

and handjobs from others aren't always that good sometimes you realize that when it comes to them you preaty much give yourself the best

how much do you weigh anyway can't be that bad

Originally posted by Shitface+Nov 30, 2003 @ 10:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shitface @ Nov 30, 2003 @ 10:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jurai@Nov 30, 2003 @ 01:31 PM

:lol: . Well if you gonna look at it that way, you could just let your friend Frank do it or something.

Anyway, it being a hot chick is just more of a moral booster. [/b][/quote]

chick hands are different than guy hands, unless she has man-hands, then ya, frank is just as good

and, people make fun of richard simmons but the guy does genuinely care about helping other ppl get in shape

Jesus, didn't know Cloud was capable of being such an angry fellow. Leave for a few days and everything changes...

Anyways, here's my things for weight loss. As previously mentioned, push ups and crunches are the cheapest method of working out and strengthening your muscles.

One method I use for my abs is placing a basketball between your knees, keep your hands under your back, and lift your legs (w/ the ball) up until it's at 90 degrees. Lower, and repeat. Once you get the hang of that, move the ball to your feet, and try it (much harder). I, right now, can do about 300 of those straight. (Last time I checked on an ab machine I can move somewheres close to 350lbs, so they work very well).

Secondly, to work your lower abs, you want to get in the push up position (straight body), but rest your upper body on your forearms, and keep balanced on the balls of your feet. Lift your butt up as far as you can, hold, then lower back to the flat, straight position (it's easy to cheat on these, so you must go slowly).

For your abs, you can buy grips that allow you to get deeper push ups, and strengthen your pecs faster. If you have free weights, the way I do it is simply resting a wooden board, lean back, extend your arms straight out, and draw the weights up and in in a smooth motion.

The key isn't how many reps you can do, but how smoothly and slowly you do them. Allow ample time between every set. 3-5 minutes is scientifically at least, is best.

And, as always, this is all useless if you don't do aerobic exercise. You can lift all the weight in the world and not shed any fat - I mix it up with 45 minutes of running and 45 minutes of DDR, on alternate days. Aerobic activity is the *most important part* of any exercise. I can't stress that enough.

I used to sell this stuff called Herbalife - fantastic stuff. On that alone I lost 30 lbs. And unlike that slim fast stuff, it stayed off for a good number of years (before I got into a car accident, sick, blah blah). You can pick the stuff up on eBay - it's kind of expensive, but if you stick to that, you'll get some tremendous results.

Note, that if you're doing both weight and aeorobic exercise, focus on the inches, not the pounds. You'll gain muscle mass which will offset any loss of weight - but it's the inches, not the weight that counts.

Alright, that's enough from me. Carry on.

i dunno if someone mentioned it, but if your doing free weights, light weights tone, heavy weights build mass

Oh, on the topic of supplements, I can't say I've used anything other than Ripped Fuel: Extreme Cut.

Damn shit works pretty well though, but for a bottle worth 2 weeks of use, it'll cost ya nearly $20. But I personally find it to be well worth it.

It's worth noting that most (if not all) "fat burning supplements" are essentially based on general stimulant cocktails (primarily ma huang/ephedrine and caffeine), so mixing them with, say, coffee or Mountain Dew or No-Doz would probably be a Bad Idea.

Yeah, kinda forgot to mention that. And don't forget that most of em suggest that you use it twice a day (the entire point of them is that they get you buzzing fast enough and long enough to burn up more calories)... so you might want to avoid them if you aren't waking up pretty early in the morning. I find taking em half an hour before I start my exercises in the morning (around 7:30 or so) and then taking them again around 4 when I start some evening exercises doesn't affect me too much... but if you aren't waking up til 2 pm, cramming in 2 doses will either make your heart implode or keep you up til 4 am.

Originally posted by joe81@Dec 1, 2003 @ 11:31 AM

take up beating up bums that's a moral booster but watch out they tend to have guns sometimes

get in shape for yourself if it makes you feel better then good for you dont do it for others do it purely for yourself

and handjobs from others aren't always that good sometimes you realize that when it comes to them you preaty much give yourself the best

how much do you weigh anyway can't be that bad

I weigh 130 pounds and i have no clue how tall I am. Somewhere in the upper 5 foot range.

And thanks for all the stuff you taught me you guys, i'll have to try some of it. Do you know of any articles on the internet or videos to show me how to do it because I kinda get what should be happening but I dont think i'm doing them right.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Dec 1, 2003 @ 07:09 PM

DDR seems to be working well for some of my friends. =)

DDR works hella well! I lost 30 pounds in a month and a half. But i played ddr for like 1 to 2 hours a day. Now its a lot harder with the fake hip and all but i am still pretty decent at the game.

Back