Pop or Soda?

Originally posted by Nadius+Dec 5, 2003 @ 01:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nadius @ Dec 5, 2003 @ 01:20 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-MTXBlau@Dec 5, 2003 @ 04:53 AM

My cousins from Queens insist on calling it Pop. My other cousin from Long Island calls it pop. Another cousin (Staten Island) calls it coke. My fiancee calls it Coke. Future in-laws (Albany) are mixed.

What the hell is a New Yorkian? And what the hell is there to do in Iowa?

They've got corn husking contests as well as barn raising races. Actually, a barn raising race sounds interesting...

edit: btw, don't take this seriously, I've never been to Iowa. (Cloud: this is a joke) [/b][/quote]

What do you mean what the hell is there to do in Iowa?!

Nadius:

Haha, no harm done. Everyone has that perspective of Iowa, that it's just a farm state in the plains. I live in Des Moines (Capital City) though. It's the farms and countryland that make Iowa great.

Oh, and Iowa State University of course. Cyclones OWN YOU!

Didn't it used to be called soda pop? Hey look at that, the word soda is modifying pop. It's an adjective, thus pop = noun = correct word.

What kind of pop is it? Soda pop.

Well, that's too much to say. We'll just call it pop.

Good idea.

And the world rejoiced.

But pop is just another synonym for the old man. And coke, well, doubtful they still use coca leaves in the ingredients these days anymore. :huh

Originally posted by Resident_Lurker@Dec 5, 2003 @ 04:14 PM

Didn't it used to be called soda pop? Hey look at that, the word soda is modifying pop. It's an adjective, thus pop = noun = correct word.

What kind of pop is it? Soda pop.

Well, that's too much to say. We'll just call it pop.

Good idea.

And the world rejoiced.

:agree

Pure genious of you to notice that.

Mountain Dew = Americain piss water I'm guessing.

It's really not fair. All of my favorite sodas always stop production. Orbits, OK Soda, Dr.K. It's not right. Jones Soda is fine, but it's not the same as my favorites. :(

Yeah, Jolt is great. Kinda hard to find though. OK Soda was excellent too, although a bit Tab-ish. Mountain Dew bites big time.

Homer: "What do you have to drink?"

Street Vender: "We have Mountain Dew and Crab juice."

Homer: "Eeewww, I'll take the Crab juice."

Mountain Dew is SO GODDAMN OVERRATED IT'S PATHETIC! I don't mind it, I usually drink it if I have a craving for something citrus, but it's VERY overrated. Seems to me as though everything that's cool and mainstream these days is overrated, and just not cool at all. Give me Sierra Mist anyday. Although my ALL-TIME favorite POP is RC Edge. They don't make it anymore. I've had the last can sitting up in my fridge for the last three years, I'm waiting until the biggest moment of my life (which will most likely be, when I get my letter of acceptance from Iowa State) to drink. But, at the same time, I don't wanna drink it at all, simply because it's the last can....

BTW, It's called POP!

Back