Well, how's Halo 2?

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Fri, 2004-11-12 @ 02:13 AM

Disappointing endings always allow for shittier sequels.

Let's hear it for halo 3 guys.

******** SPOILER ALERT ********

That is exactly how Halo2 ends, at the start of... Halo3?

Well, how's Halo 2?

These are all LOD (Level Of Detail) issues. Because of the abuse of Normal Mapping and the great lightning this game has, there are a lot of texture and model pop-ups. Still, the level of optimization for this game is really incredible.

Sounds kind of like Soul Reaver on PSX, though it's probably not as bad... in SR you could round corners and watch the geometry right next to your character deform. <_<

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by Fabrizo@Thu, 2004-11-11 @ 02:15 AM

6. 16 bit color (nativly the xbox runs in 32bit color, but to get optimal performance in Halo 2 using the new lighting engin Bugie seems to have forced the system to render everything in 16 bit color instead)
What?

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Thu, 2004-11-11 @ 04:31 PM

I was at GameStop playing RE4 some more yesterday, and I noticed Halo 2 running on the 'Box kiosk in the back of the store. I was floored by the graphics.

Or maybe it was just running at a high resolution?

Meh, I might play it tomorrow, when I go back for more RE4.

[post=123511]Quoted post[/post]​

man oh man is that RE4 demo mouthwatering, I cannot wait for the full version... sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :cheers :cheers

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by it290@Wed, 2004-11-10 @ 11:23 AM

Just curious, how many of you play UT2004? And for those that do, would you say Halo has superior multiplayer?

[post=123392]Quoted post[/post]​

I think that depends largely on who/where and what mode. I had an absolute blast playing hour after hour of UT2004 at a LAN late summer. Particularly fun were the two new modes, but you wouldn't believe how much fun a couple of matches of drunken Invasion can be. "Run! No, the other way!"

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by stack99@Fri, 2004-11-12 @ 01:09 PM

man oh man is that RE4 demo mouthwatering, I cannot wait for the full version... sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :cheers :cheers

[post=123630]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn right!

I've been in there so much this week playing, I'll most likely get banned from the store if I continue.

:(

Maybe if I buy something...

Well, how's Halo 2?

Well, I just got done playing some Halo 2 single-player, and I must say, I'm impressed.

I like it much more than the original. I was very skeptical about the dual weapons deal, but it works wonders.

The graphics didn't look that much different, if at all. The music is absolutely FANTASTIC!

It's still pretty overrated, but I've enjoyed what I've played so far.

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Sun, 2004-11-14 @ 04:41 AM

The graphics didn't look that much different, if at all.

They are different, and a lot better than the BioHazard4 graphics.

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by link343+Thu, 2004-11-11 @ 12:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(link343 @ Thu, 2004-11-11 @ 12:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I bet you a ton of kids skip school to stay home and play Halo 2. A boy and his family did that at my school did and he completed it in 8 hours.

[post=123469]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

I only know one person that skipped school to play this game. Metal Gear Solid 3 comes out this week, I will have a nasty case of the flu that day.

<!--QuoteBegin-SkankinMonkey
@Sat, 2004-11-13 @ 04:19 PM

What systems is biohazard out on.

[post=123680]Quoted post[/post]​

[/quote]

Multiple versions are on Playstation, there is a Saturn version and a remake for Gamecube.

Well, how's Halo 2?

Man, yeah, my wallet is hurting from all the A+ games that are coming out. Right now I'm just going to settle for two - Half-Life 2 and Metal Slug Advance. The rest will have to wait for a while.

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by it290@Sat, 2004-11-13 @ 07:36 PM

Man, yeah, my wallet is hurting from all the A+ games that are coming out.  Right now I'm just going to settle for two - Half-Life 2 and Metal Slug Advance.  The rest will have to wait for a while.

[post=123690]Quoted post[/post]​

Heh.... I know what you mean...

PS2:

Metal Gear Solid 3

Gran Turismo 4

GameCube:

Baten Kaitos

Metroid Echoes

Resident Evil 4

Viewtiful Joe 2

Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within

Star Fox Assault

Virtua Quest

And that's just upcoming! There are still a lot of older 'Cube games I plan to buy as well.

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Sat, 2004-11-13 @ 10:49 PM

And that's just upcoming! There are still a lot of older 'Cube games I plan to buy as well.

[post=123692]Quoted post[/post]​

I've got a list of like 15 games to get, and that's just what's coming out at the end of 2004, not counting the good stuff coming out early 2005.

I picked such a bad time to quit my job. :damn:

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by it290@Sat, 2004-11-13 @ 08:36 PM

Man, yeah, my wallet is hurting from all the A+ games that are coming out.  Right now I'm just going to settle for two - Half-Life 2 and Metal Slug Advance.  The rest will have to wait for a while.

With the right package choice, HL2 comes with several good games. So that should hold you for a good while on the PC front. The only thing wrong with HL2 is that it is of course heavily integrated into their Steam platform - to the point that you have to log onto Steam to play single player HL2. :/

Well, how's Halo 2?

As I understand it, you only have to 'activate' the game (sort of like Windows XP, or Photoshop). After that, you can play it at any time, whether you're online or not.

I thought about getting the gold package just for the HL:Source addition, but it's a bit too pricey for me right now, so I decided on the standard retail box instead. Hopefully HL:Source will be available for download in the future.

Well, how's Halo 2?

I'm pretty sure the Silver package also has HL: Source. Let me go check the differences.

*fires up Steam and waits for the obligatory update*

OK, the Silver package has all the same games as the Gold one, and its only $60. The additional $30 for Gold buys you some Valve goodies/merchandise (well to me its all junk, but some people dig this shit).

Oh also, having purchased retail HL2 in a store, I can't recommend you do the same. The standard box only includes HL2 and CS: Source. Get it off Steam, if you want a CD make your own. The DVD/CD editions are also irritating because they demand a disc to play CS: Source. There may eventually be a way around it. Maybe Daemon Tools will support it in a new version, although that's not really a solution to me :/

I've been told I can just upgrade and get HL: Source and DOD: Source later, but I haven't had the cash to test that theory yet. I can tell you that CS:S is just more of the same with new models and pretty textures. I'll probably be sick of getting shot in the head within the week. But HL2 is pretty fun.

Back