Deus Ex Invisible War for Xbox

Hey Guys,

I don't know if you remember me. I've been away for over a year because I've been studying abroad in Prague. After coming back and seeing all the good releases I've missed (Riddick, Pandora Tomorrow, Viewtiful Joe, Full Spectrum Warrior) I'm trying to decide what to get....

I loved the original DX, even though I found the final third to be rushed and tacked on. After reading all the reviews of Invisible war, for both PC and Xbox, I'm hesitating on getting IW. I don't have the mean machine to play it on the PC, but is it still worth getting it on the Xbox?

I tried a demo of Thief Deadly Shadows on the Xbox and noticed that it wasn't a bad game, even though they should have fired the lead art designer - if you want to make a great dark game with an excellent rendering engine, look to what the designers did with Doom 3... Anyway, besides the semi-slow framerates, I also noticed the ragdoll physics kind of sucked. It was very clunky and very un-ragdolly. I remember reading a tweak guide for UT2003 and it said that ragdoll physics is very processor dependent, so they recommended having at least a 2 ghz processor to keep up the load.

But, after playing Riddick and seeing how well ragdoll physics was implemented there (meaning it was smooth and more ragdolly), why could Thief keep up? Was there too much load in terms of graphics? (but Riddick used normal mapping to death) Or is it that the game is heavily unoptimized? Did Starbreeze use a different physics engine other than Havok?

I'm talking about Thief because I know that it uses the same engine as IW, though slightly more advanced from what I heard. What I would like to know is if the ragdoll physics were as bad on Deadly Shadows as it was on IW. Because if it is that craptacular I'll just wait until I do get a mean machine and play it, hopefully at budget prices. But at home I got a nice 5.1 setup.... Choices...

BTW, I know this should be a different topic, but at my local Gamers shop, they were selling Shining Force III for $112!!! Can you believe that? Though, if I traded in my copy, I might get a sizable chunk of cash for it.... :smokin:

Back