Well, how's Halo 2?

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Tue, 2004-11-09 @ 01:35 AM

Descent was pretty cool, I could never really get into it though.

[post=123249]Quoted post[/post]​

I was one of the few ranked keyboard players on the Kali ladders about 5-6 years ago. It was really a challenge to play against people with joysticks. -_-

Luckily theres still a small scene around on Kali.

Well, how's Halo 2?

I really hated the first Halo (played it on XBOX and PC), but I have to give the second one a try to see for myself because I don't trust anyone else's oppionions anymore when it comes to games. Must play to see for myself.

Also I agree that crazy hype is a bad thing.

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Mon, 2004-11-08 @ 11:56 PM

If Halo was a GameCube exclusive title, you would love it to death.

mmm... god the truth hurts. Right Cloud?

Well, how's Halo 2?

I just got done playing some more online... and it is freaking awesome. With great competition, no lag, and sweet gameplay it is easily the best online experience I've encountered. I wasn't as impressed with the single player as I thought I'd be however, not to say it was bad or anything. Speaking of bad though - worst "ending" ever. I won't spoil anything for you guys, but I doubt anyone will argue otherwise.

Des, you praised both DOA Ultimate and Halo 2... are you one of the 16 people that own an xbox in Japan?

Anyone interested in playing online vs me? Perhaps a SX clan? :lol:

Well, how's Halo 2?

one word: CRAP!

ok ok, i know I hate FPS in general... but I am serious this is CRAP, more of the same. The story seems half assed and the gameplay gets so boring at times you end up just kicking the crap out of eachother (co-op multi player)! Im still waiting for Half Life 2... YEY! and thats from someone who doesnt like FPS, I do still play em' IF THEY ARE GOOD!

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Tue, 2004-11-09 @ 11:43 AM

If only you knew

Do... do I want to? (wow, I only bothered reading the DDR thread after it was locked. MREOW! FSSSSK!) :p

As for Halo 2... I'll buy it my next check. I'm not a huge Halo fan, but it's a good game, so I'll get it.

Well, how's Halo 2?

This is the best FPS on xbox to date and the MP is phenominal TONS of online modes and tons of fun.... get this game...Now I know people may like half life 2 more, I am a fan of that series as well, but this game has to be played fully online to be appreciated, I will admit, I have been dissapointed by the offline mode thus far, but the beauty and sheer depth of the online play, hell 16 players online NO LAG.... oh man, is this game sweet, my friend was lucky enough to get it early so I have been playin for like 5 days straight on this, and its awesome, the levels beautiful, the graphics, awesome.. and the dual weapon yielding... tooo fff---in cool... and not to mention, there are alot of fun mp games online.. capture the flag, not it, deathmatch,oddball, the list goes on and on...

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by Ammut@Wed, 2004-11-10 @ 05:55 PM

Des, you praised both DOA Ultimate and Halo 2... are you one of the 16 people that own an xbox in Japan?

That is right ^^;

I own 2 Xbox systems though.

Well, how's Halo 2?

Just curious, how many of you play UT2004? And for those that do, would you say Halo has superior multiplayer?

Well, how's Halo 2?

I will send you an invite this evening when I get on super, my gt is Beat You 4Ever

Well, how's Halo 2?

I got it and played it yesterday, and didn't like it. However I always get bored to tears by FPSs, so don't go off my opinion. It seems like the original + a dual weapons feature. If anyone want's it I'm selling it on eBay.

Well, how's Halo 2?

I bet you a ton of kids skip school to stay home and play Halo 2. A boy and his family did that at my school did and he completed it in 8 hours.

Well, how's Halo 2?

Honestly, I was completly stoked for Halo 2 before I got my copy. Yesterday I got my copy and played it for several hours. Well, while as it is still fun like the original, and they did make a few improvements (levels not as repetetive, destructable vehicles and objects, improved lighting engin), the game also suffers from a LOT of technical downfalls.

1. Frame rate issues (not bad, but certanly their)

2. Invisible walls

3. Objects that have no collision detection (you can walk right through them)

4. Model complexity shifts (Im not sure of the technical term, but characters lose and gain polygons randomly in cinematics)

5. Uneven texture quality (some textures are very nice, while others are simply blur fests)

6. 16 bit color (nativly the xbox runs in 32bit color, but to get optimal performance in Halo 2 using the new lighting engin Bugie seems to have forced the system to render everything in 16 bit color instead)

Their are others, but im too tired to think of them atm. Either way, I think the game is alot like Fable in that, while as it may be fun, it's no where near what it should have/could have been.

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by Fabrizo@Thu, 2004-11-11 @ 04:15 PM

4. Model complexity shifts (Im not sure of the technical term, but characters lose and gain polygons randomly in cinematics)

5. Uneven texture quality (some textures are very nice, while others are simply blur fests)

These are all LOD (Level Of Detail) issues. Because of the abuse of Normal Mapping and the great lightning this game has, there are a lot of texture and model pop-ups. Still, the level of optimization for this game is really incredible.

Well, how's Halo 2?

I was at GameStop playing RE4 some more yesterday, and I noticed Halo 2 running on the 'Box kiosk in the back of the store. I was floored by the graphics.

Or maybe it was just running at a high resolution?

Meh, I might play it tomorrow, when I go back for more RE4.

Back