Vote for Soul Calibur at GameFAQS!

Originally posted by Cloud121@May 3, 2004 @ 05:12 PM

Actually.. it's VF > DOA > Tekken > Soul Calibur

You forgot to add DOA

I actually like Tekken more than Soul Calibur. I'm not a big weapon fighting fan.

NO. You are wrong.

It's: Virtua Fighter > Soul Calibur > Dead or Alive > Tekken

Dead or Alive would pass Soul Calibur if it had a better one player mode, like Soul Calibur's missions and VF4evo's arcades.

Originally posted by Alexvrb+May 3, 2004 @ 12:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alexvrb @ May 3, 2004 @ 12:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tagrineth@May 2, 2004 @ 10:34 PM

Supports 8-player multiplayer, free online play which hardly lags at all on 56k. Great animations at 640x480 - at the time a very good resolution.

*deletes most of a long and obviously very passionate post for quoting purposes*

About the speed of Starcraft with dialup, I disagree with you. In B.net's better years, I experienced NO lag issues (caused by myself) even in large games - on a hardware ISA 33.6. It was even better when I had Seganet, before that kicked the bucket. Also, because of how Starcraft hosting was handled, I could also host games (which is *not* possible for weaker connections with WC3, which sucks anyway). My broadband-using friends were always surprised that I had a consistent 2-3 green bars.

On the issue of graphics, Starcraft looked and ran incredibly well for its time, and for some time afterwards. My 200Mhz Pentium MMX ran it incredibly well even in extra large maps. The graphics/performance (and more) in Diablo II were downright disappointing coming from the company that did such amazing work with Diablo 1 and Starcraft. [/b][/quote]

Would you please explain to me how, exactly, you're "disagreeing" with me?

Originally posted by Tagrineth@May 4, 2004 @ 10:06 PM

Would you please explain to me how, exactly, you're "disagreeing" with me?

Blast! I've been caught!

Well, I did say no lag, whereas you said hardly lags. But I couldn't write a miniature rant without a disagreement of some sort.

Originally posted by Cloud121@May 3, 2004 @ 10:12 PM

Actually.. it's VF > DOA > Tekken > Soul Calibur

I'd agree with that, although if you start incuding 2D fighters the list changes quite a bit.

And Cloud much as I'd like to shut you and your Sarah up by beating you :thumbs-up: , I doubt you live anywhere near me. Maybe when a Virtua Fighter Online game is released.

Also dont call me Blaze I'm a man not a woman, maybe I should change my avatar :D .

Well, there's always the option of 32X VF over netplay.. I was thinking about playing that very game online earlier today.. however, I believe Cloud's on a Mac, so...

Originally posted by Cloud121@May 5, 2004 @ 10:44 PM

Really? I thought you were a chick...

Hm....

Me and Sarah > You

:lol: So did I.

I thought there was a PC version of Virtua Fighter 2 that you could play online. :huh

EDIT: Yeah, VF2 PC does have online play. Check out the GameSpot review for it. But it says you'll need a pretty nice PC--a full install requires a whopping 300MB of disk space. :hehehe:

Originally posted by it290@May 6, 2004 @ 05:09 AM

Well, there's always the option of 32X VF over netplay.. I was thinking about playing that very game online earlier today.. however, I believe Cloud's on a Mac, so...

And my PC's too slow to manage 32X emulation anyway.

Edit: I've changed my avatar now, you've lost the lovely Blaze forever :( (well apart from the pic in my sig)

Heh.. I wish I could find the PC version of Virtual On... I've always wanted to play that game online... anyone want to try out that program that lets you play the DC version online?

Originally posted by mountaindud@May 6, 2004 @ 05:12 AM

EDIT: Yeah, VF2 PC does have online play. Check out the GameSpot review for it. But it says you'll need a pretty nice PC--a full install requires a whopping 300MB of disk space. :hehehe:

Thats not too bad by todays standards, I've heard some newer games have or will have installs of over a 1gig of space.

What sort of spec does VF2 need.Surely it doesnt need that good a PC does it, after all it was released a while ago.

Originally posted by axelblazeadam@May 6, 2004 @ 08:09 AM

Edit: I've changed my avatar now, you've lost the lovely Blaze forever :( (well apart from the pic in my sig)

Too slow for 32X? Ouch. I had fantastic speed on my old 750 Duron rig years back, and that was the least expensive computer I've ever built. Speaking of which, I think I still have that chip floating around here somewhere.

The new avatar is much better. Maybe Cloud won't hit on you anymore. Maybe.

What emulator do you use for 32X. Gens 32X emulation is far too slow on my PC.

The best emulation I can get on my machine is Capcom CPS2, I can have that running full speed with 2xSai blitters on WinKawaks and use netplay. My PC seems to fall down emulating anything 3D, although it made a decent attempt at emulating the playstation.

never heard of the DC proggie, but the PC version is available on the underdogs website. Not sure about online play with that either, or how well it will control.

Is it? They didn't have DLs available for it the last time I checked. I'll have to see if I can snag that when I get home.

Originally posted by Alexvrb+May 6, 2004 @ 01:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alexvrb @ May 6, 2004 @ 01:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-axelblazeadam@May 6, 2004 @ 08:09 AM

Too slow for 32X? Ouch. I had fantastic speed on my old 750 Duron rig years back, and that was the least expensive computer I've ever built. Speaking of which, I think I still have that chip floating around here somewhere.

The new avatar is much better. Maybe Cloud won't hit on you anymore. Maybe. [/b][/quote]

The HELL?! Just because I love Des so much, doesn't mean I'll hit on all the chicks/people I think are chicks. I love Tag, but you don't even see me hitting on her!

I never even hit on him!

Originally posted by Cloud121+May 7, 2004 @ 06:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cloud121 @ May 7, 2004 @ 06:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I never even hit on him![/b]

Nah, you saved that for Juuli/Jurai. :lol:

<!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121
@May 7, 2004 @ 06:51 AM

The HELL?! Just because I love Des so much, doesn't mean I'll hit on all the chicks/people I think are chicks. I love Tag, but you don't even see me hitting on her![/quote]

Seriously though, can't you see that you set yourself up by posting this sort of stuff?

Originally posted by mal+May 6, 2004 @ 11:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ May 6, 2004 @ 11:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> Seriously though, can't you see that you set yourself up by posting this sort of stuff? [/b]

If he saw that, he'd realize I was joking.

<!--QuoteBegin-axelblazeadam
@May 6, 2004 @ 07:47 PM

What emulator do you use for 32X. Gens 32X emulation is far too slow on my PC.[/quote]

I used Gens. Like I said, ran great on my Duron 750. I even could run most N64 games quite well - but you'll need a 3D card, some old onboard won't cut it. However, even a GF MX could emulate N64 OK.

Originally posted by Cloud121@May 3, 2004 @ 05:02 PM

Here's a guy's post at a Hentai message board I visit, and my reply

Hentai message board? Man you need to get laid BAD....

VOn for PC doesn't have online play but it does have network play. And if you want to be uber leet attempt to find yourself the official Sega Twinsticks....for PC.

Huh? Are you saying you can play it over a LAN, but not on the internet? Is it IPX only or something?

Back