Vote for Soul Calibur at GameFAQS!

Cloud121

Established Member
Yo! I don't know why I'm doing this, but you all need to vote for Soul Calibur at GameFAQS.

I fucking DESPISE Kingdom Hearts, and I wanna see all the KH fanboys die in agony much like all the Halo fanboys did when StarCraft won. :devil

Attachments

• 94465.jpg
    94465.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 94465.jpg
    94465.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 94465.jpg
    94465.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 101
Sorry to admit it, Cloud, but I don't think the forces of SX is strong enough to penetrate the evil that is the GameFaqs fanbase.

(FYI: I like GameFaqs for the faqs and some reviews, but that's about it)

You sure? SC is only down by 150 votes or so. And it was leading by a few hundred earlier....

And StarCraft barely beat Halo (THANK GOD!)

Gah! That new site design is awful! I hope they at least added some basic functionality to the boards to compensate...

And yes, KH sucks in a big way. I can hardly believe this contest is so close.

Yeah I know. A lot of people are calling CJayC a sellout to GameSpot.

Attachments

• 95574.jpg
    95574.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 95574.jpg
    95574.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 95574.jpg
    95574.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 93
You damn right Bungie owns! Marathon baby!

Dammit M$! Bungie would still be Mac OS only if you hadn't fucking bought 'em out.....

About racket's picture...

Nah..... ;)

Yeah, sadly Marathon 2 for PC just didn't sell well. :(

Most PC users just don't know what they missed out on.

Kingdom Hearts is one of the best games of this generation. SoulCalibur is more or less the best 3D fighter there is, but KH still tears it to bits. (amusing aside: Despite my owning SoulCalibur II, and having much more practice in that version, I am still better with SoulCalibur DC's Siegfried than I am with ANYONE in SC2)

And StarCraft beating Halo proves to me there is a God.

HALO is not that good a game until you have at least 6 people playing... at which point practically any multiplayer game becomes good. >_>;

Originally posted by racketboy@Apr 28, 2004 @ 11:14 PM

Sorry to admit it, Cloud, but I don't think the forces of SX is strong enough to penetrate the evil that is the GameFaqs fanbase.

(FYI: I like GameFaqs for the faqs and some reviews, but that's about it)

Yes, and yes.

Attachments

• 103762.jpg
    103762.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 103762.jpg
    103762.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 103762.jpg
    103762.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 100
Lol @ Alexvrb

Hehe --> After the debate between Shenmue and FFX for the 'better game' title in another thread, we are gifted with the gamefaqs matchup for the 'best game ever'.

117447.jpg

I am not a huge fan of Halo by any means but I could never get into starcraft and therefore dislike it. SC2 I think is fun, but it's a button-masher for sure. Guilty Gear X is where it's at ;-). SC2 is the best 3d fighter out there though.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Apr 28, 2004 @ 06:54 AM

Kingdom Hearts is one of the best games of this generation. SoulCalibur is more or less the best 3D fighter there is, but KH still tears it to bits.

This is a cross genre comparison, so I prefer to think of comparison in percentages. KH is a good game, but I'm hesitant to say a 'great' game. Soul Calibur, on the other hand, is better. I'm saying this on the basis of what KH is to regular RPGs, and what SC is to fighters.

SC offers gameplay second to none, and has a very deep story (which is seriously lacking in most fighters). It has a lot more replay value than most fighters as well.

KH was on the cusp of being great, I will admit. However, it didn't capture the 'Disney' magic, although Square really had free reign to do so. This really was the first time in a long while that Square could've taken RPGs well past the tried and true Final Fantasy mold - but didn't.

So, what I'm saying is, relative to their own genres, SC did a lot more for its genre than KH did. Just simply comparing the two (in my honest opinion) is fairly stupid, and really is an indictment of the internet gaming community which doesn't really give a second thought to those kinds of comparisons. I suppose I'm just stating the obvious, since Starcraft apparently only *narrowly* beat Halo. Yes, Halo is fun, but it's fun in the same way Counterstrike or (my favorite) TFC is fun: you get a lot of people playing together. StarCraft... is, well, StarCraft.

Bah! Who cares about Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter 4(Evo) wipes the floor with it IMO. :thumbs-up:

Who care about the polls anyway. GameFAQs is good for the FAQs and for some of the game specific boards, everything else is made up of the ravings of fanboys who cant understand that people can have a difference of opinion on what makes a good game. :rant

The thing about VF is that isn't one of those games you can jump into and play like SC aka not a button masher. It's no fun playing against someone who isn't skilled, or has a basic understanding of VF.

Well, I'd say it's certainly a heck of a lot simpler, but SC still isn't a button masher. Especially the second one, I mean you can whoop the mentally deficient AI, but another player will make soup out of you. Yes, soup.

Also, I really like that page that overlays your text onto that cardboard. I thought of some other good stuff, but it's too mean. Funny, but very offensive.

...and today, we have Half-Life vs. Metroid Prime. As expected, MP is in the lead, though not by as wide of a margin as I would have expected. My opinion - I like MP quite a bit, but it's nowhere near as fun as Half-Life IMHO. HL pretty much reinvented the FPS genre.

Originally posted by it290@Apr 30, 2004 @ 06:16 PM

HL pretty much reinvented the FPS genre.

Re-invented? It's still the same old thing, except you can buy weapons...

Resurrected maybe..

Back