Saddam Caught!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing Hitler did to the American's back in the 30's/40's, simply being the leader of an enemy nation/party, absolutely nothing.

lol @ the Nick Nolte thing. My g/f always tells me about this show where they had Nolte's medical exam live on tv, and he passed out when trying to do the breath test (lung strength test) thing. Anyone see The Good Thief? That was basically Nolte playing himself. ;)

Jeff, I'd hardly call Saddam a Muslim. He may have been one by name, but his government was very secular and he was (and is) pretty much hated by most hardcore Muslims. He abused the religion in the same way Hitler abused Christianity to gain power (not nearly as extreme however). Although I think a fair trial is definitely needed, he will very likely receive the death penalty for his crimes against humanity, none of which are really related to Islam.

C'mon look at that frail old man. We killed his sons, stole his wealth, and now we have him on tv poking at him and looking down his throat.

Other than being a captain of an oppossing team. What exactly did he do to America other than thumb his nose at us?

He ordered suicide bombings as a new tactic duirng the war, urges people to continue attacks against US troops, he kept trying to shoot down US planes in the former No-Fly Zones, he tried to have President Bush (senior) assassinated duirng a visti in Kuwait, he wanted to use captured US troops as human shields on his tanks during the first Gulf War.

C'mon look at that frail old man. We killed his sons, stole his wealth, and now we have him on tv poking at him and looking down his throat.

Is that supposed to make us feel sorry for a man who killed other people's sons, stolen other people's wealth, and poked (i.e. tortured) other people's throats? And has anyone forgotten what the mousy Adolph Eichmann looked like, one of the architects of genocide?

But all of this did not happen on US soil. Of course, a smaller kid is going to throw punches when a big kid comes into his house and threatens him...

Wag the Dog.

We "capture" him a few days after MoveOn.org starts their TV ad campaign against the war. Wag the Dog. Distract the public from the truth. He was living in a six foot deep hole big enough to lay down in. Meaning 3-foot by 6-foot. We lock him up, he at least gets upgraded to 8-foot by 10-foot. Something tells me we could have captured him at any time the past few months, but chose not to until it could be used to further the Bush agenda or keep the public in line, blindly following what ever the Bush administration feeds us.

Wag the Dog.

Just like a criminal will attack a police officer who enters his home for an arrest. You asked what he did to Americans.

If it is Wag the Dog, I don't see the big Clintonesque scenarios Bush is trying to cover up. Where's the big scandal, missile strike, another scandal, war with Yugoslavia, impeachment, another missile strike?

bah, stop feelin so sorry for the guy. Why do u can so much about a guy who has killed our soldiers, and tried to kill our pres. He also has killed thousands and thousands of his own ppl. The guy will get what he deserves and I dont see why you people insist on defending him. You people act liek he is your good friend or sumthing.

wow...I wasn't expecting this to happen anytime soon, not to mention finding him by himself in a freaking hole. Thats just pathetic. I don't get why they didn't leave a bomb with him, so that if anyone found him he hits the button and prevents anyone from 'finding' him. Hell, they should have just killed him after recording a bunch of 'new' tapes to release later.

I'm not sympathetic to him at all though so its funny how he lived his last few days as a 'free man' in a hole in the ground. I would be ecstatic to see him gone for good, if only I didn't know that this just got Bush one helluva lot more votes. i'm not his biggest fan. But yay for 1 less 'evil doer' in the world.

---Ammut

Originally posted by jeff-20@Dec 14, 2003 @ 08:22 AM

...and now we have him on tv poking at him and looking down his throat.

I wonder if this is a violation of the Geneva convention for POWs? I seem to recall the US making a fuss about televised displays of captured US troops...

I'm sure this is Saddam, but I don't think coalition forces were in any position to capture the man before this date. If this war has shown one thing, it is how utterly useless "intelligence agencies" are at actually providing accurate intelligence.

I think it's great that Saddam was captured. I'm surprised he didn't kill himself or anything, he just gave up. His followers are much more hardcore than him. Maybe they'll follow his example.

Originally posted by jeff-20@Dec 14, 2003 @ 03:08 PM

"execute him" ?

Can someone please explain to me exactly what this man did to you or yours other than simply be a muslim?

I am not defending him. I just want to understand what all the hatred it really about.

Besides kill and torture many of his own people, well practically nothing.

the news says they are hoping that his followers will notice that he didnt fight to the death like he was trying to get them to do, and realize what a loser he was

He's so scared of his own shadow; the guy has no will to live.

I have family that lives in Kuwait, so I have quite a bit of animosity towards him. That being said, I still think Osama bin Laden should've been the first guy we took out. He struck fear in the hearts of Americans, no matter what people think otherwise. Saddam was only a couple hundred miles away and there was no way they were going to find bin Laden, so why not go after him?

Anyways, did the mention finding any WMDs down in that hole with him? :D

Originally posted by E Nice@Dec 14, 2003 @ 08:40 PM

Just like a criminal will attack a police officer who enters his home for an arrest. You asked what he did to Americans.

But who appointed America as the Police Officer? Could I just walk into your home and make a citizen's arrest because you aren't living by my rules?

I think this hatred is a good example of gang mentality. I think most of the western world would just blindly follow whatever Bush said was right.

Just playing devil's advocate: bling... bling... bling (You would have to watch the Simpsons to get that joke).

Bah, America the bully of all nations.

Really now lets see all that has transpired against americans by saddam.

1. He invaded a country that gave america alot of crude oil.

2. He tried to knock off the guy that was commanding an army against his.

3. He snubbed his nose at the americans.

4. He did everything possible to stop the illegal Iraq war.

5. He wouldn't give America Iraqie "OIL".

6. He tried to fight back against the American War machine.

7. He ordered his soldiers to do everything possible against the overwhelming power of the American Army.

8. He eluded an army that wanted nothing better to do than kill him.

Now lets see whats the main cause of all this. The American Government.

Now, let us see what the American Government has done to him and what was his country.

1. Give him weapons.

2. Fly off the rocker when he tries to invade a country that supplies america with oil.

3. Commit genocide against his retreating army in '91.

-Comon now who hasn't seen the highway of death pictures.

4. Sanction his pants off after the war.

5. Launch an illegal war against him. Oh Oh Bomb the piss outta his country first then declare war.

6. After taking over leave the country open for looters and rioters.

7. Then proceed to clamp down and go door to door and shoot on wedding parties.

Now like really the man did alot for his country. He had healthcare, He had an iron fist but thats what his country needed. He kept the muslim sects from massacring themselves. The man did what he did for simple reasons. Hardline Muslims hated him because he was foreward thinking compared to him and thats why Osama wanted him dead.

I feel sorry for him because the U.S had no reason to invade other than it needed some way of proping up its economy and lets face it war is an expensive business. And Iraq has the second largest oil deposits in the world.

Also war and soldiers mean soldiers are going to die. If you are going to blame the man for having his soldiers return the favor your soldiers are giving them your obviously quite immature and blind. I don't agree with suicide attacks but when your faced with the fact that your army gets blowen to smitherines before they even have a chance to fight with the opposing army you have to play dirty.

Also you seem to wish the man to go to a war crimes tribunal your own country refuses to allow itself to be governed by.

Although I agree that is wrong that the US should appoint itself as the police of the world, I still believe Saddam had to be removed.

The man killed and tortured thousands of his own people and let them starve as he built himself huge palaces and statues. You can never justify those actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back