I'm afraid...

I'm afraid...

Why would he be banned?

Because homophobia, gay hating or what ever else you want to call it will not be tolerated here. If you don't like the lives that gays and lesbians lead, that's fine, but I don't want to see any 'hate' or 'hatred' here. These are both terms that Dragonforce has used in this thread - once after being warned not to.

Originally posted by dragonforce@Feb 1, 2004 @ 10:59 AM

my hatred isnt that bad to gays. as long as they leave me alone. but you guys are really short tempered.
(my emphasis)

If it weren't for the whiny "Why did you ban him?" backlash that seems so popular here, he'd be banned before you could blink.

I'm afraid...

Personally I believe that a person has the right to openly state that they dislike or hate something/someone/some group. Where I draw the line however is if they take that hate and act upon it against said thing/person/group or encourage others to do the same. We all hate something and are free to do so. But acting out on that hate is (generally) wrong.

If someone for example doesn't like black people, fine that's their right to think that way. BUT if they act on that dislike then they have crossed the line.

WE have the right on the otherhand to disagree with that person and to let them know why WE THINK they are wrong. WE DO NOT have the right to act on our dislike or hate of people who thing like said person, because in essence we are commiting the same type of discrimination they are in our eyes.

If you hate someone for hating something, aren't you basically doing the same thing they are but on a different topic?

Let the flames fly.

I'm afraid...

gameboy900, I agree with you, but freedom of speech doesn't apply on a privately owned forum like this one. You also have to take into account the fact that those types of statements can actually hurt others if used abusively (which is, sadly, pretty common). To a certain extent, words are actions- so if you judge an individual based on their words, it's not discrimination or prejudice. Homosexuality is not a 'lifestyle choice', any more than heterosexuality is. Intolerance, on the other hand, is something that people can and should try to change.

I'm afraid...

I agree with most of what you say gameboy900, but our thinking does significantly differ.

While I'm all for people thinking whatever they like about whoever they like, I consider that someone posting their hate of a particular race, sexuality or religion to be a hateful act.

I'm afraid...

I keep a lot of horrible, horrible stereotypes and wishes of damnation upon multiple ethnicities, religions, genders, species, political affiliations, lovers/haters of Neil Diamond, comedians, the people who canned the Sonic the Hedgehog line of Spaghettios, etc... but I try not to divulge into them for just the reason that I'm gonna get yelled at.

Learn to keep your mouths shut people, or else you'll wind up with a foot in your mouth when you do something hypocritical.

For instance, say I hate some made up ethnicity (to avoid getting yelled at, we'll call them "sporks")

So all my life I keep my hatred of those spork bastards bottled up deep within myself, never letting anybody know about my secret dreams of killing all the sporks. After one night of particularly heavy drinking, I wake up in bed next to a spork, and she's so damned gorgeous, I decide to keep hitting it for years to come. I can do this, cause nobody knows how much I secretly loathe her. But if my friends all knew I hated sporks, I'd be mocked incessantly for the rest of my natural life.

Wow, I need to get some sleep, 5am will fuck with my mind.... and what I'm willing to type.

I'm afraid...

Originally posted by Caelestis@Feb 1, 2004 @ 05:52 AM

Wow, I need to get some sleep

Sounds like you really just need a spork :lol:
lg-253971.jpg

I'm afraid...

Originally posted by Caelestis@Feb 1, 2004 @ 05:52 AM

I keep a lot of horrible, horrible stereotypes and wishes of damnation upon multiple ethnicities, religions, genders, species, political affiliations, lovers/haters of Neil Diamond, comedians, the people who canned the Sonic the Hedgehog line of Spaghettios, etc... but I try not to divulge into them for just the reason that I'm gonna get yelled at.

Learn to keep your mouths shut people, or else you'll wind up with a foot in your mouth when you do something hypocritical.

For instance, say I hate some made up ethnicity (to avoid getting yelled at, we'll call them "sporks")

So all my life I keep my hatred of those spork bastards bottled up deep within myself, never letting anybody know about my secret dreams of killing all the sporks. After one night of particularly heavy drinking, I wake up in bed next to a spork, and she's so damned gorgeous, I decide to keep hitting it for years to come. I can do this, cause nobody knows how much I secretly loathe her. But if my friends all knew I hated sporks, I'd be mocked incessantly for the rest of my natural life.

Wow, I need to get some sleep, 5am will fuck with my mind.... and what I'm willing to type.

And by "spork" you mean Jew don't you, you fucking racist!

Haha just kiddin. Good point though

I'm afraid...

Originally posted by mal+Feb 1, 2004 @ 12:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Feb 1, 2004 @ 12:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> Why would he be banned?

Because homophobia, gay hating or what ever else you want to call it will not be tolerated here. If you don't like the lives that gays and lesbians lead, that's fine, but I don't want to see any 'hate' or 'hatred' here. These are both terms that Dragonforce has used in this thread - once after being warned not to.

<!--QuoteBegin-dragonforce
@Feb 1, 2004 @ 10:59 AM

my hatred isnt that bad to gays. as long as they leave me alone. but you guys are really short tempered.
(my emphasis)

If it weren't for the whiny "Why did you ban him?" backlash that seems so popular here, he'd be banned before you could blink. [/b][/quote]

:sarcasm: you are probaly one of those moderators that act tough. but in real life aint. :huh

as i said before. if you want to ban me ban me.

I'm afraid...

Originally posted by dragonforce@Feb 1, 2004 @ 02:39 PM

:sarcasm: you are probaly one of those moderators that act tough. but in real life aint. :huh

You should quit while you're ahead.

I'm afraid...

Mal is the shit....ever seen crocadile hunter? I picture Mal as being sumthin like that. He of course is a bigger pimp than him though....err correction...used to be, he is married now :).

I'm afraid...

Originally posted by mountaindud+Feb 1, 2004 @ 11:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mountaindud @ Feb 1, 2004 @ 11:32 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-dragonforce@Feb 1, 2004 @ 02:39 PM

You should quit while you're ahead. [/b][/quote]

He has a 2 day suspension in which to think things over. Or something... :rolleyes:

I'm afraid...

off topic but on the same topic as the title i'm afraid i'm going to kick the shit out of my roomate

I'm afraid...

Originally posted by muffinman943@Feb 2, 2004 @ 12:39 PM

whats with the admin that doesnt even have a post yet???

Do you mean the moderator?

I'm afraid...

Originally posted by joe81@Feb 1, 2004 @ 08:41 PM

off topic but on the same topic as the title i'm afraid i'm going to kick the shit out of my roomate

I think I speak for everyone when I say....huh?

Back