You know you are a gamer when.....

you know your girlfriends a gamer when she blows you off continually over and over to play mmorpg's. (dexter my buddy and gf)

You know your a gamer when you listen to video game music more then regular music. (like I do)

You know your a gamer when you get dissapointed about a lack of interactive features on a DVD.

You know your a gamer when your lifetime ambition is to own your own personal arcade.

You know your a gamer if you think that now matter how injured you are, all wounds can be healed by the use of a quick med pack, ration, turkey etc.

You know your a gamer when you call a rucksack your inventory.

Originally posted by axelblazeadam@Sep 3, 2004 @ 03:07 PM

You know your a gamer when you listen to video game music more then regular music.

You know your a gamer when you get dissapointed about a lack of interactive features on a DVD.

You know your a gamer when your lifetime ambition is to own your own personal arcade.

You know your a gamer if you think that now matter how injured you are, all wounds can be healed by the use of a quick med pack, ration, turkey etc.

You know your a gamer when you call a rucksack your inventory.

That's me!

Bah.. I was gonna add one, but I just forgot it...

You know your a gamer when the idea of wiring a computer into your cars HUD so you can play Doom3 on your way to work, without taking your eyes off the road sounds perfectly logical..... AND you actually are trying to figure out how to wire it up!

You know your a gamer when everytime you pick up a wrench, you think half-life.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sep 1, 2004 @ 09:51 PM

You know your a gamer when you have to peek around your naked girlfriend to see the ending of Lunar. (4 years ago)

while i commend you for this (for obvious reasons).......you had naked boobies infront of you and you look PAST them!? for shame. :wanker

Perhaps the boobies could wait, but the ending would not? :lol:

You know you're a gamer when you're always surprised that your double-jump fails.

You know you're a gamer when you think that all your enemies will drop gold after you defeat them.

...when you can't understand why people get mad at you for walking into their house.

...when you run on the walls instead of walking down hallways.

When you're on a long road trip and think "Geez, I'm getting sick of this, how long until the next save point?"

When you eschew guns in favor of martial arts not because you feel that guns are too deadly or undisciplined, but because you prefer the tactical consistency of a lower THAC0.

You know you're a gamer when you threaten someone in a gaming way. (Me: "Don't make me go Virtua Fighter on you!")

You know you're a gamer when someone challeneges you to a fight, you ask which game. (Person: "You wanna fight?" Me: "Sure. Pick your fighter. I'm Sarah.")

You know you're a gamer when you want to name your children after game characters (Me when I was younger. Cloud, Squall, Zell, Zidane, and Leon).

Originally posted by ExCyber@Sep 5, 2004 @ 03:16 AM

When you eschew guns in favor of martial arts not because you feel that guns are too deadly or undisciplined, but because you prefer the tactical consistency of a lower THAC0.

Hey, those monks are pretty badass with their fists. Of course THAC0 has been replaced, which is too bad because it is such an awesome acronym, even if using only positive numbers just generally makes more sense.

"To Hit Armor Class 0", a rating of hit rate in AD&D and its derivatives. Mathematically:

hit rate = 1 - (THAC0 - 1 - target's armor class) / 20

Clamped to the range 0-1 (I don't know the mathematical notation for clamping). Multiply by 100 for percentage.

In gameplay terms, you roll a 20-sided die to determine whether or not your attack hits. If you roll THAC0 + target's armor class or higher, the attack hits.

You know you're a gamer when you spend 10 minutes checking an RPG equation for accuracy when nobody will use it. <_<

Well it is kind of a 1st and 2nd edition thing. But I still think it's still an awesome acronym, it's fun to say "thacko". Speaking of which:

You know you're a gamer when you're discussing THAC0 at any length. :D

As an aside, throwing THAC0 away in favor of "Attack Bonus" was the ONLY thing that I can think of that was "simplified" in 3rd edition. Many things were improved, but also at times needlessly complicated. First starting out with 3.0/3.5: "Good lord, look at the crap in the combat section!"

Originally posted by mal@Sep 5, 2004 @ 07:07 AM

There's third edition now?

I used to play when 2nd edition was new!

Wow I bet you feel old now. :p 3.5 is the most current now actually. Ever since Wizards of the Coast bought what they now call the "d20 system" and the D&D universe along with it, changes will likely occur somewhat more often. Which kind of sucks, they ruined MTG with their overkill release schedule. But 3rd edition (3.0/3.5) is overall pretty good. Plus they still kept the old worlds around, even though they made a new, sucky, plotless one that I can't remember the name of.

You know you're a gamer when you think your bullets will magically move from one magazine to another to make sure you're always got a full one to reload from.

You know you're a gamer when you've got a stamina meter on your watch (for sprinting).

Back