Xbox question

hey yall...yeah i was wondering...is it true u can play those games like gameboy advance games, saturn, neogeo games on xbox? kinda like the dreamsnes for dreamcast.... yeah u need the modchip right? im so sad , i feel like xbox jack my saturn games .... :(

I think there's emulators for those systems out there for the Xbox, but yes, you do need a mod chip because you'll need to use CDRs (unless there's some Xbox to PC COMM-type transfer I don't know about).

You might want to look around on Xbox dev sites to see what's up with emulators, CD burning, and all that. The big console dev sites usually give you a good idea of what's available (homebrew) for that system. I don't own an Xbox, therefore I'm not into Xbox dev so I couldn't really say.

I just remembered, this site might be somewhat usefull if you're interested in Xbox emulation/dev stuff.

there is no saturn emu, as much as I wish there was, there isn't. Most xbox's can't read cd-r's (only those with the samsung drive in them can, like mine). Once you have a mod chip in you have to flash it with a bios that will allow you to run unsigned code (those bios's are illegal btw, so don't ask for them, as are most xbox binaries, even the homebrew). With that said, once oyu have done both of those things you can install a different dashboard that will allow you to run 3rd party apps that are on the hard drive (you can also shove a bigger hard drive in there). The most popular dashboard (or atleast the one I seem to hear the most about and use) is evolutionX, which has a ftp server in it so that you can connect your pc to it to edit and transfer files.

You don't need a modchip if you give up using Xbox-Live, all you need to do is the Bert & Ernie font hack w/ something like the Evox dashboard. You dont need to flash anything to run unsigned code (works fine on my xbox). Although I recommend upgrading your HD. All you need to do is hook your xbox up to a hub or router through evox or maybe avalaunch and you can upload games to your xbox, no cdrw/dvdrw required. I have emu's for GBA, NGPC, Nes, GG/SMS, Genesis/Sega-cd/32x, ScummVM, and even a psx emu that seems to run castlevania just fine. I also stream music from my computer to my xbox and my anime like Naruto and watch it on TV through my xbox with XBMP, very nice. :D

Mame works pretty good, no games over something like 57 megs tho, and all new games are locked out anyway. If you want to play MSlug4 you can trick Kawa-X in to playing it.

ok whew bout to say...how bout the saturn isnt there those types of emulation things u can play those nes , gb games on saturn?

Originally posted by Jurai@Nov 24, 2003 @ 04:37 PM

piracy on xbox is lame, so is this thread

someone's pissed that his gamecube can only run gamecube games... or should I say jelous :lol:

---Ammut

actually these days people are doing things like injecting n64 roms into the zelda disc and playing n64 games. I hear they're also doing stuff like that with a disc that has an nes emu built into it.

i have heard tit bits about that too. Kinda cool I guess...but since my xbox is modded I dun have have go though all that trouble w/ my cube. Now all I need is an HDTV and a surround sound system.......

dibz, you said I can run that other mame program to trick it to play metalslug, what about KI? do you or have you tried to run killer instinct?

There's a port of U64 to the xbox, it plays both KI and KI2. I havent tried KI yet but KI2 runs decent, but not full speed.

Wow the arcade version of killer instinct would be awesome. If I ever end up with an extra non "live" xbox I'll have to look into this.

About the gamecube stuff, I know ppl are using an exploit with the pso disc to run some emus on it by streaming data off of a pc with the bb adaptor. I know someone that said they were playing the new mario kart like that and it was running perfectly.

Well the thing is, the emu's they are running are built into the zelda disc and stuff, so it's an actual emu written by nintendo, and is supposedly one of the best if not the best n64 emu ever written, though I've never tried it. Most modchips these days have on and off switches on them. Between that and a locked hard drive you won't get banned from live.

hmmmm, so do you think that the N64 emu inside those discs could be ported to say, XBox or PC? Cuz ya, it's a hella good specially on the Zelda games(the only ones I have seen it run).

Back