What Internet browser do you use?

I got bored with Firebird so I decided to try other browsers, so far I tried mozilla didn´t like the splash screen and misses the full personalization of Firebird, Netscape its just too heavy and full of stuff I don´t need, IE (5.5) is really fast and light but has a thing for crashes, right now I´m using Opera and I´m liking what I´m seeing but the ad is really annoying and takes a lot of space. So whats your favorite net browser?

btw I think I´m going back to Firebird :blush:

My vote goes to Firebird, although Epiphany is pretty nice too if you're runnin' GNOME (which you obviously aren't, heh). You can turn that splash screen off in Mozilla, though.

Netscape. It's always been fast for me.

Konqueror (KDE) is also really nice. I default to that when I'm using Linux.

Originally posted by Zheræ@Jan 30, 2004 @ 05:20 PM

I got bored with Firebird so I decided to try other browsers, so far I tried mozilla didn´t like the splash screen

I don't have a splash screen on Mozilla.

You sure there isn't an option to turn it on and off?

Does anyone remember when Netscape was king? ahhh, the good ol' days of Netscape 4.78

Today I stick with IE6. Boring and unoriginal, I know. but it works great and fast, and already installed with my Win2k OS so I don't bother installing extra. (yeah, the M$ monopoly scheme is working for me)

I've used firebird, mozilla, opera, and Avant which is just an IE extension. However, IE loads and renders pages much faster on this old dinosaur (Cyrix 300Mhz 64MB RAM)

As for security, I've never had a virus. *Knocks on wood* However, I use a text based email client (Eudora 3.06/no ads) and usually don't visit risky sites.

Originally posted by Tindo@heart@Jan 30, 2004 @ 10:05 PM

Does anyone remember when Netscape was king? ahhh, the good ol' days of Netscape 4.78

Heck yeah -- I used to use Netscape 3 all the time. Netscape Gold was awesome because it had a visual HTML editor.

Back then, hardly anyone even heard of IE.

I remember when I first got my modem for my old 386 (was still pretty old even then) and I went to Netscape's FTP to DL the browser. It took forever, but I was so excited. When I finally installed it, it took like 8 minutes to start up. Then I tried checking my Hotmail (before it was bought out by MS) and it took like 5 minutes to load the first page! So I just stuck to FTP, ICQ (back when it was new) and IRC. hehe -- those were the days.

Originally posted by Tindo@heart@Jan 31, 2004 @ 09:05 AM

They still install that on all PCs at work. :lol:

I just use IE out of sheer laziness.

I use Safari and iCab. Mainly Safari, but use iCab should Safari ever display a page wrong or something. Before OS X, I was iCab only. iCab is not an Apple browser. It's third-party.

I despise IE and all its forms. In fact, I don't even a single M$ software of my Mac! :lol: :cool: :D :smokin: :thumbs-up:

Call me crazy, but I HATE Opera!

Originally posted by racketboy+Jan 30, 2004 @ 07:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Jan 30, 2004 @ 07:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Zheræ@Jan 30, 2004 @ 05:20 PM

I got bored with Firebird so I decided to try other browsers, so far I tried mozilla didn´t like the splash screen

I don't have a splash screen on Mozilla.

You sure there isn't an option to turn it on and off?[/b][/quote]

I´ve tryied looking in the prefences and I didn´t see any option to disable it, with netscape I had to had a command in the shortcut something like -d (I really don´t remember which letter was but I think it was it) in mozilla I have no idea where that option is. Anyway I got back to Firebird I couldn´t get away from these cool extentions . :p

Heh, yeah, I use iCab sometimes on my old PowerBook. It works great for a browser running on a 68040! Although it is a bit faster to render pages in Firebird using remote X and surf on the PowerBook that way.

Zherae, it's not in the preferences AFAIK, but I believe it should be in the prefs.js file somewhere.

just switched over to Firebird...runs pretty good. Not THAT much a difference between it and IE on my machine. Maybe it's cuz I have a ton of ram and an athlon 3200+ :).

Back