Help me derive some meaning from my name

Originally posted by mountaindud@May 26, 2004 @ 12:38 AM

Des-Row- you seem to have worked very hard on your response <_< since I like you, I'll send you the same tip I gave racketboy.

What tip?

Ah~! My sarcasm sense is tingling!

Hmmm.. oh...

Originally posted by Des-ROW+May 26, 2004 @ 12:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ May 26, 2004 @ 12:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mountaindud@May 26, 2004 @ 12:38 AM

Des-Row- you seem to have worked very hard on your response <_< since I like you, I'll send you the same tip I gave racketboy.

What tip?

Ah~! My sarcasm sense is tingling!

Hmmm.. oh...
[/b][/quote]

Check your PMs. It wouldn't be much of a prize if everyone could read it in the main chat.

Originally posted by mountaindud+May 26, 2004 @ 12:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mountaindud @ May 26, 2004 @ 12:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW@May 26, 2004 @ 12:56 AM

*stabs mountaindud in the back with a towel*

:lol: Hey, I thought we were on the same side! [/b][/quote]

"Were"

Originally posted by Des-ROW+May 26, 2004 @ 12:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ May 26, 2004 @ 12:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dyne@May 26, 2004 @ 12:20 AM

this thread is no longer about baseball. i have changed the topic at hand to bowell movements :puke:

And drunk people being stabbed in the back.

*dances*
[/b][/quote]

Did I tell my story about that here?

she stabbed you in the back w/ a towel...I would still consider that same side. Either that or extreme stupidity, take your pic.

The banned all male band camps after that movie....among further reserch they found that guys were actually doing it to eachother, so they had to stop it. They enjoy watching the girls so female band camps are still open :p.

Damn did this thread grow quick. Well, I'm going to post about baseball. I don't enjoy watching football or basketball, but I do enjoy watching baseball. Basketball is a fun game to play, but I just can't get into watching it. Football just totally bites, OTOH.

The reason I enjoy watching baseball more than most other sports is that there is a high level of strategy involved. There are multiple decisions that have to be made by both teams every time a batter steps up to the plate, and many of the decisions that are made can be very high-risk because the game is played in innings.

Whoever said that baseball's a wussy sport has probably never played it seriously.. it takes a high level of concentration and endurance to be successful, not to mention some fast legs, a good arm, and good hand-eye coordination. And can you really consider it 'wussy' to stare down a 98mph fastball?

Also, racket, the Tigers are my team as well. :thumbs-up:

Oh~!

prize09.jpg

Originally posted by it290@May 26, 2004 @ 03:00 PM

Also, racket, the Tigers are my team as well. :thumbs-up:

Awesome!

Wish I could go to a game this year without going to Oakland

Originally posted by Des-ROW+May 26, 2004 @ 05:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ May 26, 2004 @ 05:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>*stabs mountaindud in the back with a towel*[/b]

Is it a blue towel, and does it smoke weed? What, you never know...

<!--QuoteBegin-it290
@May 26, 2004 @ 03:00 PM

Whoever said that baseball's a wussy sport has probably never played it seriously.. it takes a high level of concentration and endurance to be successful, not to mention some fast legs, a good arm, and good hand-eye coordination. And can you really consider it 'wussy' to stare down a 98mph fastball?[/quote]

That would be Gallstaff. But like I said, it probably just isn't violent enough for him. He needs burly men smashing into each other before he considers it a real man's sport.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@May 26, 2004 @ 06:49 PM

I hate all sports equally

one thing I can add to that is I am totally not into following sports like a lot of guys are.

When I was a kid I was a hardcore MLB fan and also followed a bit of NFL and NBA. It was mostly because I collected sports cards and liked to know what was "hot".

Now looking back I think of how I should have focused more on gaming :D

But seriously, a LOT of people spend WAY too much time/money following professional sports and treating the "stars" like gods. (Especially since so many nowadays are egotistical and steriod-pumped).

But anyway, sports are still cool to play and watch as long as you don't get carried away (like most everything else in life)

Originally posted by Zheræ+May 26, 2004 @ 06:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zheræ @ May 26, 2004 @ 06:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gallstaff@May 26, 2004 @ 06:49 PM

I hate all sports equally.

Even female mud wrestling? =) [/b][/quote]

Of course. Now, if they were male football players who happened to be mud wrestling, he'd be watching it nonstop. Just to hate it, of course.

I had this video once...of these 2 chiks in a HUGE pool-type thing wrestling in what appeared to be a bunch of K-Y. WOW, that was entertaining for awhile. I did lots of instant replays :p.

Baseball does require a lot of strategy, but with the diluted pitching these days, strategy more or less goes to the wayside. However, baseball isn't one of those games where one player can take over the whole game - if that were the case, Barry Bonds would have won several pennants already. Say what you will about the possibility of him taking steroids - steroids don't make you hit the ball better. They just make you stronger. He has ridiculous eye hand coordination, that's for sure. Now, an argument could be made that he wouldn't have hit so many homers but would've hit more doubles and triples. But, who knows.

Football used to have a lot of strategy. Now it's all D, and the cover 2. It's much like the zone in basketball and the trap in hockey - if executed properly it makes for very boring games (but very successful teams). Hey, the trap is the Devils bread and butter system (that and Marty Brodeur). But they play ridiculously boring hockey.

Basketball was diluted by the fact that they let high schoolers play. I'm glad Clarett didn't get to play, because the same problem would have occurred in football (Clarett already showed that he was too childish for his numerous run ins with the law, and his failure to show up at the combine in any shape to try out, even that it was his only shot at impressing anyone to get them on his side. I feel bad for Mike Williams though). These HS'ers don't have the fundamentals and are used to playing in a system where they are 'me first', and don't know how to make their team better (that being said, LeBron and 'Melo are seriously ahead of the curve). Heck, it took KG eight years to figure that one out, and T-Mac is still suffering in Orlando.

Hockey is a lot better than people give it credit for. But there are the Bertuzzis in the NHL that drag its name down. Anyone who watched the playoffs will have seen that a whole lot of open hockey, great games were played. Oh well, maybe next year (or two years from now).

My 2p, really.

Yeah I wouldn't say Barry Bonds wouldn't (hypotheticly) be any good without steriods, but I'm sure it makes a difference. I've seen many players who dramatically increase their HR count by beefing up.

Heck I remember when Sammy Sosa was more known for his baserunning than his hitting. (Although I'm sure he made some swinging adjustments as well)

Back