GiriGiri screenshots

hehe thought i'd sho you all a screenshot i took of pds whilst trying out girigiri.

dont edge's eyes look sexy :) lol

Attachments

• pds_1.JPG
    pds_1.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 89
  • pds_1.JPG
    pds_1.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 88
  • pds_1.JPG
    pds_1.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 90
but to show u all, it worked fine on some games...

Attachments

• girigiri_darksavior_shot_2.JPG
    girigiri_darksavior_shot_2.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 95
    120.3 KB · Views: 93
    120.3 KB · Views: 97
and finally...

(i got loads more pics of games workin in girigiri, if n e 1 is interested)

Attachments

• girigiri_dragonforce_shot_6.JPG
    girigiri_dragonforce_shot_6.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 98
    78.1 KB · Views: 94
    78.1 KB · Views: 100
I don't even know which game the third shot is from. And the second one... ack! I'm having a hard time telling whether this is true 3D or just an isometric perspective :blink: It looks like one, then it looks like the other :ph34r:

Geez, someone finally get the dark emulator running and goes all excited. :cool:

*COUGH*COUGH*COUGH*

nights_095.jpg

nights_111.jpg

nights_149.jpg

nights_159.jpg

Ph34r my defective Win98 Geforce2MX drivers!

pds_184.jpg

And God bless anti-aliasing. ;)

That is really impressive, I haven't tried out any Saturn-emulators. But that got me interested, especielly now, when I don't know if my Saturn is still alive.

Are all screens from GiriGiri or are the pics from NiGHTS and PDS from another one?

Info and/or homepage of that emulator would be nice.

here's one of nights running on mine, M3d10n r u using a dif emulator?

ive got a geforce 4fx and mine nights and pds dont look as near as good as urs do.

Attachments

• girigiri_nights_shot_3.JPG
    girigiri_nights_shot_3.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 93
    89.8 KB · Views: 100
    89.8 KB · Views: 97
sonic r looks all screwed up on this one, the menus and stuff work fine. just a few glitchs in main game :(

Attachments

• girigiri_sonicR_shot_5.JPG
    girigiri_sonicR_shot_5.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 101
    66.7 KB · Views: 102
    66.7 KB · Views: 101
Originally posted by Twillinx@Mar 11, 2004 @ 09:21 AM

Are all screens from GiriGiri or are the pics from NiGHTS and PDS from another one?

Info and/or homepage of that emulator would be nice.

AFAIK both M3d10n and Pure Evil are both using the hacked version of GiriGiri.

You will find no info here regarding where to find it or how to use it as we don't condone warez discussion at SX.

I think M3d10n's pics look better because he has some "problem" with his geforce drivers and anti aliasing is always ON , at least that shot seem to be Anti-aliased <_<

Edit: And maybe bilinear filtered also.. :unsure:

The bilinear bug aside, turning the Geforce's own antialias to 4X makes everything look a lot smoother.

I don't remember the drivers I used... it has been a looong time since I booted Win98, and that was before I re-installed both OS'es (98 and 2K).

It was either 41.09 (came with the card) or the 44.03. XFX Geforce 2MX, 64MB 64-bit SDR AGP 4X.

It had a bug that kept bilinear filtering *always* on in Direct3D applications, even if the textures are set ti point sampling. At the time I found it annoying, because it caused bugs with the cell shading effect I was working on in my small 3D experiences.

It was by that time (way before GG hack existed) that I got the Cyberdisc emulator demo running (all legal - it was a demo!), and I was amazed at how it ran the Shining Force 3 demo. It was all filtered, of course, due to the card's bug, but I tought that was the default behavior :p

Originally posted by Supergrom@Mar 11, 2004 @ 01:53 AM

how fast is your processor if you can run those games at that resolution on a geforce 2mx? I have an athlon 2400+ with a geforce 2mx and a 1700+ with a geforce 2 pro; is there a way i could find these "defective" drivers and get such results?

Resolution is not the matter, since the bottleneck in any Saturn emulator is not drawing the polygons at the screen, but emulating the processors itself. With GG hack and Satourne, an Athlon 1700+ should do fine for most games.

Of course, since Satourne is not complete, and GG hack is... well, an emulator hacked to run any games from media it should not access. So there are plenty of games that won't run at full speed, no matter what's your setup.

Originally posted by Taelon@Mar 10, 2004 @ 02:29 AM

I don't even know which game the third shot is from. And the second one... ack! I'm having a hard time telling whether this is true 3D or just an isometric perspective :blink: It looks like one, then it looks like the other :ph34r:

the pictures from dark saviour, the view is isometric, and every thing is done in 3d, all polygons. apart from the characters who are all 2d sprites.

you can look around and such to see new locations, the games made by the people that made landstalker, and is also alittle bit like in. just a shame the battles a crappy :( but the game is one of my all time favourites.

in game mags interviews with the makers said there were over 100 parellels, but every 1 on the net says only 5 or six, wonder how many there really are ?

Attachments

• dsavior1.jpg
    dsavior1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 107
  • dsavior1.jpg
    dsavior1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 106
  • dsavior1.jpg
    dsavior1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 107
Originally posted by Pure Evil@Mar 11, 2004 @ 06:01 PM

in game mags interviews with the makers said there were over 100 parellels, but every 1 on the net says only 5 or six, wonder how many there really are ?

AFAIK, there are only five. Well, at least that I found out. There are also only five different ending songs. All songs are tacked together in track 2, right after all of the game dialogue.

I don't know if there are never-seen-before actual parallels (Considering parallel 5 can't even be considered a true parallel... I doubt it), or if each parallel can vary depending on how you play (if they do, it might be *VERY* subtle, because I beat the game a lot of times myself).

I was just experimenting with Giri Giri playing SF3.. SF3 has been like the long sought after game to play within my group of friends so I posted some screen shots for them to all drool over hehe.

Anyone interested can also have a look My Webpage

Id just dirrectly post the pictures here, but angelfire will not allow remote image loading.. at least i think thats what its refered to.

Iv added a couple of more screen shots since the last post. Check them out if interested.

Back