Finally got it

yeah sorry...i hadnt made my way through your book of a post yet...you said i didnt know the difference...i was just pointing out that i did...

no prob cww80
smile.gif

I have no doubt that Namco could make an Xbox port that looks a good bit better than the PS2 port, but the XGPU isn't just going to magically make the game look better - that would take substantial development effort. I kind of doubt that they will bother to invest that effort, because I don't think it's exactly in their best interest to make PS2 look bad. Jumping ship to Xbox right now would probably be a bad move, though I wouldn't be surprised if they toss out a major title or two when Sony decides to start winding down the PS2...

Now that you mention it... I just thought that Namco would take advantage from having a better graphical environment to work.

I'm gonna send the pad out tuesday along with everything else that I have to ship out to everyone.

No way, I have to admit this and I'm serious, Halo kicks Counterstrikes ass, or any pc 1st person shooter for that matter, I've been hooked with the xbox online for hours and hours now. Its just too much fun, probably because i'm relaxed playing, on a nice big TV.

PC beats xbox

Yeah, it does, but only in terms of overall potential - most of which goes unused. AFAIK, id Software is about the only developer that regularly writes PC games for cutting-edge hardware; just about everything else is targeted for what was cutting-edge something like 12-18 months ago in order to maximize the potential customer base. Xbox developers get to target Xbox.

I admire the quality of the system, but I don't buy my consoles for that.. They need more quality games before I'll be tempted.

Ninja Gaiden.. Hmmmmm
smile.gif

There was a discussion on a different forum a couple of months back. We got some input from a pro coder as well and basically, almost every game designer wants their game on XBox. Problem is, publishers want it on PS2 and occasionally the Gamecube if it's a kiddy game (Not saying Gamecube is a kiddies console, ask big publishers tho what they think).

It's a nad state of affairs

Coder wants game A to be on XBox for it's pontential

Publisher wants it on PS2 because of it's market share

Consumer B buys PS2 due to game A being on it

No-one buys XBox because they don't wanna play it's games.

XBox is the most powerful system out so I wanna see it do well as games on the machine will look their best. Gamecube is lucky since it has Nintendos games otherwise it wouldn't have it's foothold now.

PS2 is pants, sometimes you play a game and you KNOW your DC could do better than this shit, but it does have a few gems underneath a mountain of crap games

Originally posted by Hollywood Hasney@July 01 2002,01:57

There was a discussion on a different forum a couple of months back. We got some input from a pro coder as well and basically, almost every game designer wants their game on XBox. Problem is, publishers want it on PS2 and occasionally the Gamecube if it's a kiddy game (Not saying Gamecube is a kiddies console, ask big publishers tho what they think).

XBox is the most powerful system out so I wanna see it do well as games on the machine will look their best. Gamecube is lucky since it has Nintendos games otherwise it wouldn't have it's foothold now.

PS2 is pants, sometimes you play a game and you KNOW your DC could do better than this shit, but it does have a few gems underneath a mountain of crap games

*Silender nods*
wink.gif

Originally posted by gamefoo21@June 30 2002,20:16

what hollywood hasney said was beautiful. and cww80 is pro-sony so no point in trying to convince him that Ps2 is pants.

im pro-games...Playstation 2 has the best games and the best future...your post is without question, the dumbest one ive seen on here yet...i could say your pro-M$...although everyone already knows that...

:beerchug

Not saying Gamecube is a kiddies console, ask big publishers tho what they think

Gamecube is a better console for kids, for two reasons:

1) It's cheaper.

2) Nintendo is one of the few companies still regularly making games that both appeal to younger kids and don't suck, and all of those are going to be GC-exclusives.

A steady flow of really good "kiddie" games is very important for the industry. Microsoft and Sony are milking the "adult gamer" market, but what they don't seem to realize is that most of these adult gamers were once kids.

edit: After further research, I've come to the conclusion that it's far more likely that all adult gamers were once kids.

You say this as though the industry is somehow being unfair to Microsoft, but every console manufacturer has had to go through this - it comes with the territory.

XBox is the most powerful system out

That's debatable, but I won't get into it here. Suffice it to say that MHz != performance.

underneath a mountain of crap games

That's just because PS2 market leader right now. Developers and publishers of crap put out their crap because they only care about money, so naturally they go to the system with the biggest installed base. NES and SNES certainly had their own mountains of crap.

Quote ExCyber:

That's just because PS2 market leader right now. Developers and publishers of crap put out their crap because they only care about money, so naturally they go to the system with the biggest installed base. NES and SNES certainly had their own mountains of crap.

so true...its what ive been saying all along :smileyshot2

Originally posted by gamefoo21@July 01 2002,04:16

what hollywood hasney said was beautiful. and cww80 is pro-sony so no point in trying to convince him that Ps2 is pants.

I'm starting to believe this! :cwm10

Originally posted by ExCyber@July 01 2002,03:57

edit: After further research, I've come to the conclusion that it's far more likely that all adult gamers were once kids.

LOL
smile.gif

Back