Finally got it

Not to dissect every wrong point you make, but Final Fantasy 4, 5 and 6 did come out on PSX (FF Anthology, FF Chronicles) and Panzer Dragoon Orta is not a shooter in the classic sense which I assume was the point he was making.. The PSX has two exclusive shooters that can arguably compete with anything on Saturn in Einhander and R-Type Delta. Also, the guy says the PS2 sold more in its LAUNCH PERIOD than the competitors did in theirs, not overall. Actually I only read about half your post because it was so irritatingly uninformed. You give the impression you'd rather people didn't enjoy games on a Sony console just because it is a Sony console they're playing them on.. Really, your post seems to prove nothing other than which you personally prefer, which I'm sure means nothing to anyone else.. just as what myself or whoever prefers should mean nothing to anyone else.. Such a long post could at least have had something of substance.

If it isn't Myname!
smile.gif

I didn't refused the FF4,5,6 existense on PSX, I just mentioned that they AREN'T PSX games but SNES games ported to PSX!

As for Panzer Dragoon Orta... He said shooter and it IS a shooter.
biggrin.gif

R-Type Delta in front of Radiant Silvergun??? I'll let the shooting fans to answer this one!

Do you want me to remind you Saturn's lauch period sells in comparison with the mighty Playstation?? Of course not. The launch sells mean nothing man. The game is played till 90' let it roll.

I just correct the mistakes of my previous posters... nothing more, nothing less!

You know something? You are really heard like a Sony Fanboy to me. Me? I like them all(Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft, NEC, 3DO, Philips...). I don't have problem with your mockings to me and I accept your critics but do accept mine too.
wink.gif

Also we're not here to speak for me (as you do in your post) but for Ratta's X-Box (Happy gaming Ratt
cool.gif
) versus PS2.

Right now the best console out there is Game Boy Advance. So much gems in such a little time. GOLDEN SUN RULES!

Originally posted by Silender@June 28 2002,20:06

As for Panzer Dragoon Orta... He said shooter and it IS a shooter.
biggrin.gif

R-Type Delta in front of Radiant Silvergun??? I'll let the shooting fans to answer this one!

Do you want me to remind you Saturn's lauch period sells in comparison with the mighty Playstation?? Of course not. The launch sells mean nothing man. The game is played till 90' let it roll.

You know something? You are really heard like a Sony Fanboy to me. Me? I like them all(Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft, NEC, 3DO, Philips...).

OK, let's go through slowly. I said R-Type Delta and Einhander can ARGUABLY compete with anything on the Saturn. Plus to compare RTD and RS is fairly pointless as one is horizontal and on is vertical. And as it happens, shoot em ups are my favourite genre so whatever.. I didn't say one was better than the other. If Panzer Dragoon games are shooters then Doom is also a shooter. But that does not mean they are shoot em ups in the generally recieved sense which is, I believe, what he was referring to. As for launch sales, I never said it meant anything just that you misread what the guy was saying in order to try and make a point. Calling me a 'Sony fanboy' is something I'd expect on other boards but not on this one. In case you haven't noticed this is a Sega board and that is why I'm here. So far as it goes, I have more Nintendo and Sega games and systems than I have Sony.. But if you want to put that label on me I won't be crying myself to sleep at night over it. I am not for any system or against any others, I hate Microsoft but I admit the Xbox is a nice (if green) piece of kit. All I'm suggesting is that you at least try to view all the consoles in the same light regardless of who they were made by.

At least we agree on one thing, the GBA. Unfortunately I ruined mine getting that horrible 'Nintendo' logo off and writing 'SONY' in permanent marker all over it.

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@June 26 2002,16:46

Get it for the PC, it looks better and as a bonus you can play your own mp3 files in the game, its a great option.

you mean like for the radio stations?

He spoke for Shoot-em-ups or just shooters? I thought that he wanted shooters. If I'm wrong i apology. You're wrong if you believe that we can't compare a vertical shooter with a horizontal one. See Shenryu(or Donpachi? I don't remember) you can rotate the camera and from vertical it became horizontal. Hehe, Actually I have to intension of attacking you or anyone else here and I don't want this thread to became a PSX VS Saturn so stop it. Don't blame me for the "fanboy thing" but you deserve it with what you wrote about the GBA. Just forget it. I already see all consoles with the same eyes but as I already said I just answered in some quotes here, right? I feel sorry for your GBA this mark may be your dream but it will remain a dream (Golden sun on a Sony console? NO WAY!!! Camelot gave a try with "Beyond the Beyond" but PSX's owners rejected that masterpiece [with low sales]). My PSX is still in one piece as I just bought it. I'm not the kind of yours. And being a member of a Sega board doesn't stops/means that you're a fanboy of another company/console, that is.

Have a nice day.

Originally posted by Silender@June 28 2002,21:21

I feel sorry for your GBA this mark may be your dream but it will remain a dream (Golden sun on a Sony console? NO WAY!!! )

I think you have just made yourself look very stupid.

My GBA comment was what's known as 'sarcasm'.. I really can't be bothered with having any kind of discussion about this anymore. Maybe you should come back when you can qualify your claims with something other than schoolyard insults.

Edit: If you think you're up to it, I'd like you to PM me with the part where I make myself look stupid, just out of interest because I can't find it. Don't post here since I'm sure this is as boring for everyone else as it is for me.

Then I can't understand your sense of sarcasm. You know it's kinda difficult to understand when a person is joking when you don't know him/her and both of you are comunicating via a text screen. So I'll respond only in posts that I understand, that you wanted to say? Ok then! np

Soul Calibur 2 (PS2 version doesn't stand a chance)

Soul Calibur 2 was developed for System 246, so saying that the PS2 version of SC2 doesn't stand a chance is like saying that the Dreamcast version of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 doesn't stand a chance.

The main problem arises because a polygon takes up roughly 40 bytes of RAM. When you have 5 million of them in a given second, this amounts to 5 million/60fps = 83,333 polygons in a give frame of animation. If each of these polygons uses 40 bytes of VRAM, you will use 3.33 MB displaying these 5 million PPS.

This might make sense if the GS required display lists to reside in VRAM, but it doesn't. Oh, and you could at least make some mention that you're using a rather large chunk of an article written by someone else...

You're wrong if you believe that we can't compare a vertical shooter with a horizontal one. See Shenryu(or Donpachi? I don't remember) you can rotate the camera and from vertical it became horizontal.

That feature exists to allow the use of the original arcade aspect ratio for games that have a 3:4 aspect ratio rather than 4:3 (i.e. a vertical monitor). It's pretty tough to play with the controls rotated. Besides, the vertical and horizontal shooters come from somewhat different design traditions - vertical shooters tend to emphasize free movement, while horizontal ones usually require the player to navigate hazardous terrain; vertical shooters tend to throw huge numbers of enemies/bullets at the player, while horizontal ones usually apply some combination of specific enemy formation and terrain to create difficult situations; and so on. I wouldn't go so far as to say that they can't be compared, but the distinction does generally extend to things beyond just the geometric orientation.

"This might make sense if the GS required display lists to reside in VRAM, but it doesn't. Oh, and you could at least make some mention that you're using a rather large chunk of an article written by someone else..."

I've never said that these are my words and as you can see I've used quotes from VG articles in the past.
smile.gif

"Soul Calibur 2 was developed for System 246, so saying that the PS2 version of SC2 doesn't stand a chance is like saying that the Dreamcast version of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 doesn't stand a chance."

Yes I know that but you believe that it will not be better on nVidia's chipset?

Also, you look to deep for the shooting games. I just play with a plane or spaceship which firing lasers and missiles why to do it so difficult with 4:3 and 3:4? j/k
biggrin.gif

Quote Silender:

Ever noticed that PS2 is out before GC and X-Box? It is logical to out sold a console when it has 6 months instead of 2 years. By your thinking method NES still outsold PS2 so it's the best one!

Yes and you still dare to compare PS2 sales with the ones of GC & X-box which both are 6 months out (or less?)!!!! Man.. are your nuts??

Nope!!! But it's hard to me to understand why DC has about 700+ and from these the 500 are good, Saturn has 1500+ and the 1000 are good, PS2 has 500+ and 50 are good(maybe I give too much with that "50").

Have you played Ridge Racer V or Tekken Tag tournament??? Let's don't speak for first generation games(cause X-box still is in the first one) PS2 doesn't stand a chance.

Poor kid! How wrong you are. You can't see the difference between an RPG combat system(time bars, mass playing) and an overhead strategy turn based RPG combat system?

(all above comments are from Silender)

i said during their launch periods(GC & Xbox)...you obviously didnt read what i had to say...ok once again someone wasnt reading my posts if you noticed i said the PS2 was still outselling the Xbox and Gamecube(i think its safe to say that everyone here knows that the ps2 has been out longer)yeah i like those numbers on DC,Saturn and PS2 games...you must like to play alot of crap games(Saturn 1000+ good games lmao)actually i have played Ridge Racer 5 and Tekken Tag Tournament...theyre good games(i have both)...once again if you actually read and pay close attention to what i say youll see that i was saying you cant call Shining Force 3 just a strategy game...because its not...its a Strategy Rpg...basically the only difference between Shining Force and every other Rpg is how you fight battles...

Hi there!
smile.gif
(It's getting dark here)

Yes I already settled the "launch-selling thing" with Ex ans Myname. No point to repeat.

How you know that a game is a crap before you play it?

I didn't say that Ridge Racer and Tekken tag were bad but they aren't these games Sony promised for the beast they told us. I got my first disappointment from these two.

Hmmm. you quote me but you don't read me. I said that SF3 is a strategy RPG with overhead turn based battles. I never mentioned it as a strategy one. Warcraft is strategy!

OFF TOPIC: "Golden Sun 2: Lost Age" is out. Come on Japanese speakers.Go and grab it. W00t W00t

Originally posted by Myname@June 28 2002,15:32

My GBA comment was what's known as 'sarcasm'.. I really can't be bothered with having any kind of discussion about this anymore. Maybe you should come back when you can qualify your claims with something other than schoolyard insults.

Edit: If you think you're up to it, I'd like you to PM me with the part where I make myself look stupid, just out of interest because I can't find it. Don't post here since I'm sure this is as boring for everyone else as it is for me.

you tell him...
biggrin.gif

Quote Silender:

Yes I already settled the "launch-selling thing" with Ex ans Myname. No point to repeat.

Hmmm. you quote me but you don't readf me. I said that SF3 is a strategy RPG with overhead turn based battles. I never mentioned it as a strategy one. Warcraft is strategy!

yeah sorry...i hadnt made my way through your book of a post yet...you said i didnt know the difference...i was just pointing out that i did...

biggrin.gif

A bit off topic but I hope that all the xbox users here got their mame-x already. Microsoft just made mame.net, who was hosting the emu, take down the files. The only thing you can grab now is the beta 4 binaries from the mame-x home page. Damn. ???

But on a another note, Daudelus for n64 is being ported to the xbox and they are looking into a neogeo emu for it as well.
heart.gif

Ahhhh! Metal Slug 3 or even 4 on the xbox. Might be nice.
cool.gif

Yes I know that but you believe that it will not be better on nVidia's chipset?

I have no doubt that Namco could make an Xbox port that looks a good bit better than the PS2 port, but the XGPU isn't just going to magically make the game look better - that would take substantial development effort. I kind of doubt that they will bother to invest that effort, because I don't think it's exactly in their best interest to make PS2 look bad. Jumping ship to Xbox right now would probably be a bad move, though I wouldn't be surprised if they toss out a major title or two when Sony decides to start winding down the PS2...

Back