Xbox360's Playable at Walmarts!

Originally posted by joystiq.com

A reader in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin wrote to tell us that his local Wal-Mart has a playable Xbox 360 on display with demos of Call of Duty 2, Kameo, and King Kong. There are also looping videos of other games. We called that Wal-Mart to confirm and were told by the person working in electronics that this is in fact true.

Full Story

Great. Let's get all excited for a kiosk with yet another tactical/military/WWII FPS, some movie game, and a Rare game that's been in development for the last five - six years.

:sarcasm:

Until something worthwhile comes out, I'm staying away from the 360. Sticking with my PS2 and GameCube.

Went to Walmart today. Kameo was cool. Call of Duty 2 was typical FPS fair (though it looked pretty good). King Kong didn't seem very fun from what little I played it. Hexic was a decent puzzler, not as frantic as Tetris, but it definately seemed to have addiction potential.

There definately seems to be at least a few solid launch titles in the works. The videos I've seen of PGR3 are quite impressive and what little I've seen of DOA4 looks good too. Kameo looks like it will be a fun game.

Back