Wiimote Rival Technology Heading for PS3, 360

vbt

Staff member
In2Games, the company behind GameTrak, a new 3D motion sensing technology set to rival Nintendo’s use of the Wiimote, has received a capital injection of £7.4 Million ($14.56m) from Ingenious Media for a significant equity stake.

The investment will primarily be used to bring to market GameTrak (Version 2 pictured), a new games controller system designed for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles by In2Games.

Strange news, Microsoft and Sony are able to create a "copy" of the wiimote by themselves.

Source : http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5945&Itemid=2

And I'm sure that Nintendo aren't working on a successor to the Wiimote.

Where did that sarcasm smilie go? ;)

I dont think it really matters as all games on the Wii use the Wii remote where as only specific games on both Xbox 360 and PS3 will make use of this new remote.

Quakester2000 said:
I dont think it really matters as all games on the Wii use the Wii remote where as only specific games on both Xbox 360 and PS3 will make use of this new remote.
Yep, that's the crucial difference. The Wiimote is the Wii controller. They could have just released it for Gamecube (and rumor has it that before Wii hardware was finalized, developers received exactly that), but then it probably would have been "that weird remote thing that came out right before Gamecube died".

Back