Why I think War with Iraq Is justifiable

You do realize that site is a "humor" site?? You know? Supposed to be funny? A lot of what is said is not true. Then again, some people will believe any hing.
laugh.gif

Originally posted by Lyzel@Apr 3, 2003 @ 05:49 PM

You do realize that site is a "humor" site?? You know?

The fact that I first read it in the newsgroup rec.humor.funny must have COMPLETELY SLIPPED MY MIND.

Then again, some people will believe any hing.

Zounds, the irony!

Ever notice that some gas stations people have stuck those stickers of "this oil was paid for with iraqi blood" on the pumps? I get my gas at Sunoco, they get thier oil from South America.

I just thought that was funny.

Originally posted by antime+Apr 3, 2003 @ 05:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antime @ Apr 3, 2003 @ 05:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lyzel@Apr 3, 2003 @ 05:49 PM

You do realize that site is a "humor" site?? You know?

The fact that I first read it in the newsgroup rec.humor.funny must have COMPLETELY SLIPPED MY MIND.

Then again, some people will believe any hing.

Zounds, the irony! [/b][/quote]

Well, I was JUST SAYING. You know? There are a lot of stupid people that believe the stupidest things
wink.gif

[quote name='Daniel Eriksson' date='Mar 16, 2003 @ 01:07 PM']

That is such bullshit. At the speed Saddam has killed innocent people, America has killed less. America does not intentionally tries to kill civilians, like some countries has done.

So does this justify starting a war with iraq?

Sometimes I think there aren't many people around anymore like me. What am I like? I'd rather die myself than killing someone, for whatever reason.....

Originally posted by Lyzel@Apr 2, 2003 @ 02:22 AM

Dude, I don't give a flying fuck what you think. So, geez.. cry me an Argentina. The fact is, the War already started. Not much that you, or anyone else can do about that. You're still going to dwell on the motive for it? I mean, the US will just retreat with white flags because Mr Curtis said so??? Geez.

If you think about this issue in this way, why do you even bother to read/comment on this forum? This forum is about just that what you think is unnecessairy: discussing the motivation of this war. Your reasoning "the war has already started, let's hope it's over soon so the troops can come home" isn't exactly the most intelligent remark I've read here. If I'd start a war right now with some country, for no reason, you'd also react like that? You dó have an opinion about wether this war is right or not don't you?

My personal opinion in this mather is, no war (or any act of violence) is in any case justified. Saying 'he started it, now I can strike back mommy!' is just so childish. Like I said before, I'd rather die myself than killing someone else, for whatever reason.

You missed the point. All that I was basically saying was that the war had already started. Arguing for or against it won't accomplish anything because it is pointless. So, you may disagree. big deal.

Originally posted by CHAZumaru °_°+Apr 4, 2003 @ 09:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CHAZumaru °_° @ Apr 4, 2003 @ 09:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lyzel@Apr 4, 2003 @ 02:18 AM

Well, I was JUST SAYING. You know? There are a lot of stupid people that believe the stupidest things
wink.gif

Don't be so harsh with the American people, please. [/b][/quote]

Unfortunetly, I guess we have to start with you. I hereby declare you one of the stupidest people in this planet
laugh.gif
hahahahahah

Now now.. don't generalize (sp). It is obvious that if you aren't American, you are stupid!! You can call me all the names you like though, I like to kick them to /dev/null.
smile.gif

I'd stopped arguing "for or against" a long while back, Lyzel. I still don't support the war, but there is no point in debating it with you.

What I'd been doing is trying to get you to question - to think about - the reasoning behind the war. Thus far you have demostrated no ability to comprehend what this war might actually mean in terms of casualties, finances and the ever elusive "regional stability". The reality of the situation has not yet dawned on you - it may never. Shame really.

Originally posted by Curtis@Apr 5, 2003 @ 02:35 AM

I'd stopped arguing "for or against" a long while back, Lyzel. I still don't support the war, but there is no point in debating it with you.

What I'd been doing is trying to get you to question - to think about - the reasoning behind the war. Thus far you have demostrated no ability to comprehend what this war might actually mean in terms of casualties, finances and the ever elusive "regional stability". The reality of the situation has not yet dawned on you - it may never. Shame really.

To think about the reasoning behind the war?? I have already explained the reason in the beginning of the post. I guess I should be so ashame that it just don't fall within your standards
sad.gif

laugh.gif
wink.gif

You know. I have this image of Lyzel as a 14 year old who has no idea what reality is and thinks that life is a video game. By the way, the US has started using depleted uranium shells against the Iraqi's. Interesting and very nasty.

The problem is that your standard - as well as your Government's - is somewhat contradictory.

Q: Why is America trying to kill Saddam?

A: He abuses basic human rights.

A: He ignores UN resolutions and has broken a lot of them.

A: He has WMD.

Q: And Israel? Currently an ally, who have ignored so many resolutions? What about China's human rights record? North Korea? South-east Asia? Zimbabwe?

A: ...

Q: What about the other countries with WMD?

My question is why Iraq? Why now? You do not ask these questions. If you support an act of agression, you should ask yourself why.

Originally posted by Lyzel@Apr 5, 2003 @ 02:10 AM

Unfortunetly, I guess we have to start with you. I hereby declare you one of the stupidest people in this planet
laugh.gif
hahahahahah

Now now.. don't generalize (sp). It is obvious that if you aren't American, you are stupid!! You can call me all the names you like though, I like to kick them to /dev/null.
smile.gif

I didn't insult anyone, it just seemed logical to me that you were talking about 60% people who thought war was justified. Having family in America (with American nationality) and knowing their principles, I had to tell your judgement was harsh...

Originally posted by falstaff@Apr 5, 2003 @ 03:21 AM

You know. I have this image of Lyzel as a 14 year old who has no idea what reality is and thinks that life is a video game. By the way, the US has started using depleted uranium shells against the Iraqi's. Interesting and very nasty.

Wow, you must be talking about yourself, if you really didn't see my sarcasm.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! What an incredible comeback! Shades of "I'm not but you are". My estimate of your age just got lowered to 8. Enjoy your fruitloops.

The problem is that your standard - as well as your Government's - is somewhat contradictory.

No, just because you disagree with what the United States is doing, does not mean that they are wrong. They have their reasons. I support them, just because I think that by taking out Saddam, the Iraqi people will be able to enjoy the freedom that most of us share. You may disagree with that views, but there they are for you. Does that makes me wrong? No. Does that makes you wrong? No. We have different views. And that's just great.

Q: Why is America trying to kill Saddam?

A: He abuses basic human rights.

A: He ignores UN resolutions and has broken a lot of them.

A: He has WMD.

Yup, a lot of it has to do with those reasons, but it also has to do with the security of the United States. There are terrorists organizations in Iraq, like Ansar Is islam (sp). They are possible links that they are connected with bin laden. The United States does not want to wait for another Sept 11.

Q: And Israel? Currently an ally, who have ignored so many resolutions? What about China's human rights record? North Korea? South-east Asia? Zimbabwe?

Q: What about the other countries with WMD?

I agree, but well this is about Iraq.

My question is why Iraq? Why now? You do not ask these questions. If you support an act of agression, you should ask yourself why.

Please read what I said above.

Thanks.

Back