What have you heard about Magic Box?

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
I am lookin to use saturn pads on my Xbox, as well as PS2 dance pads. I was lookin around and found this. Anyone heard anything about this before? Looks pretty good....

I have one. I don't generally have problems with it, although the button mapping for Saturn is rather strange (of course any decent app/game will let you remap buttons), and every now and then it fails initialization. I've heard that it doesn't support anything on Saturn besides the standard pad protocol, and when my brother plugged his Dual Shock 2 into it, it didn't seem to pick up on the analog sticks. Still, if all you want to do is plug in a standard Saturn pad and jam on some shooters or fighters, it's awesome. :D

edit: I completely glossed over the Xbox part; what I have is the PC Magic Box, which is probably the same thing with a standard USB plug instead of an Xbox plug. As for dance pads, I'll be trying mine later today after I've let it settle (I'm told that the vinyl tends to tear if you try to use it right away), but from what I've read it works okay as long as it's not a super-fancy pad with lots of lights (for power reasons). It's possible that the programming of the Xbox version is different, but I haven't heard anything about it.

edit again: I'm seeing reports that the Xbox one does not like dance pads. :(

Back