What GBA Game are YOU Looking Forward to?

im curious, as to when theyll release Phantasy Star 4...also, Street Fighter Alpha 3...i wonder how thats going to turn out...

Geez, don't be so negative calganagain. Its got more to offer then just ports and sequils obviously, its just that when a good game comes out, somtimes later on people like to enjoy that game again (re-live the experiance). Sequils are also good to have if you finnish a game you like but want more of it (even if you have done everything).

Anyways, Im looking forward to "Metroid Fusion" and "Golden Sun 2: The lost age". Would also be nice if they released a sequil to "Advance Wars", but then thats just wishful thinking.

its just that when a good game comes out, somtimes later on people like to enjoy that game again (re-live the experiance).
...in an altered form which is not the game they originally played, so what are they reliving? If ports are to be made then they should be pure ports. I don't see that happening.
Sequils are also good to have if you finnish a game you like but want more of it (even if you have done everything).
I don't pay for the same thing twice unless it is consumable.

The 4 problems with gaming are the titles come mostly in 4 flavors. They're either yet another port, yet another sequel, re-inventing which has already been re-invented, or made just to profit more off a movie, tv series, or cartoon series. Is it getting worse or is it already at the bottom of the barrel?

(Edited by calganagain at 9:05 am on July 6, 2002)

im looking forward to zelda because i havent played all the way through LttP yet, and it might be my first time. Even if i do finish it before it comes out on GBA, i will still play through it because, well, zelda is awesome, even if it is a sequel/remake. Same for Castlevania and Tony Hawk 4. It is FUN. I still play all three other tony hawks more than just about any other games becuase they have so much replay value. I have no problems with sequels, remakes, ports, etc. as long as they are done well. Sadly, they often are not, but im looking foreward to those games, assuming they will be done well.

And I suppose if you controlled the industry that would all be fixed eh?
Of course I wouldn't. I'd be lining my pockets too. Maintaining old code would require just coders, aka temps or college kids, which costs alot less than "elite" programmers. Gamers are too stupid to notice quality even those who are "true" gamers.

The castlevania games on the gba so far I dislike because of all the backtracking.

<font face=arial size=1><blockquote><hr noshade size=1>"Gamers are too stupid to notice quality even those who are "true" gamers."<hr noshade size=1></blockquote></font>

So now your saying that everyone at NX, SX, and every other game site, are idiots, and your the only exception? Common, if anything, you should know that not everyone has the same tastes in games as you do. Just because you don't like (insert title here), doesn't mean that someone else doesn't, and just because they like that game, it doesn't make them stupid.

(Edited by Fabrizo at 11:40 pm on July 8, 2002)

Do you remember the Simpsons episode when Lisa found out she was to be a homemaker and Marge put extra care in Bart's and Homer's breakfasts? They acted as gamers would toward their obsession. They don't pay attention to the extra care or the quality. Put just about anything in front of them and they'll consume it.

Note: These are general observations. They may not fit every singular scenario but they fit very well with what I have seen of gamers.

(Edited by calganagain at 12:37 am on July 9, 2002)

(Edited by calganagain at 12:39 am on July 9, 2002)

I have downloaded mp3's but I don't download them frequently. The record labels and groups know there is only about one good song per an album and it is played on the radio for free. Why bother downloading a whole cd of mp3's to burn if the only good song is already on the radio? I'll download mp3's when I think the hassle is worth it. The last one I downloaded seems to be that virtualboy theme from here.

I was reffering to the fact that you constantly bitch about quality, but yet you download mp3's which is ancient lossy technology compared to newer formats out there with much higher audio fidelity.

Quote: from calganagain on 11:16 pm on July 5, 2002
Why are all of you looking forward to sequels and ports?
Is that all it has to offer?

Is bitching alls you have to offer?

Back