What game releases are you looking foward to

Bah! if you're into your fighting games in the slightest u go buy/make an arcade stick. Only retards use the regular controller for fighters ;). Still, GG smokes all, haha. Best DC import I ever bought...

Arcade sticks are for pussies, true masters will either use the DC fishing controller or a dance matt to kick the crap out of you in a fighting game. :p

These are the fighting games I've been playing the most lately:

KOF '98

The Match of the Millenium : SNK vs. Capcom (ngpc)

Samurai Shodown! 2 (ngpc)

Samurai Shodown 4

The Last Blade 2

Fatal Fury Special

Street Fighter Alpha 2

Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition (gen)

edit - des-row, I know you're into KOF as well, which ones do you play the most? I've just been playing '98 lately, but I'm torn between it and 2k2 as my favorite... I only have the DC port of 2k2 though, need to get the Neo version.

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Jun 4, 2004 @ 01:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Jun 4, 2004 @ 01:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121@Jun 4, 2004 @ 01:24 AM

In VF, you won't even get past the first fight doing that.....

Ever played Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution competitively against human players? [/b][/quote]

Yes I have, and I managed to hold my own pretty well. I lost though. These guys were pretty good.

And no, I can't remember what they're names were.

Originally posted by it290@Jun 4, 2004 @ 10:44 AM

These are the fighting games I've been playing the most lately:

KOF '98

The Match of the Millenium : SNK vs. Capcom (ngpc)

Samurai Shodown! 2 (ngpc)

Samurai Shodown 4

The Last Blade 2

Fatal Fury Special

Street Fighter Alpha 2

Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition (gen)

edit - des-row, I know you're into KOF as well, which ones do you play the most? I've just been playing '98 lately, but I'm torn between it and 2k2 as my favorite... I only have the DC port of 2k2 though, need to get the Neo version.

Hmmm... lately I have been playing 98 and 2003 mostly.

Regarding which is my favourite... hard to tell, I would say 98, followed closely by 2001 and then 2003.

98 is King of Fighters in it's most pure and perfect form, a very polished system, beautiful graphics and music, and a great character roster.

2001 is all about innovation, it has the ratio system, a balanced striker system (not like 99/2000), counter-wire attacks and introduced the great Super Cancels as well. Once more, the system overall is very polished and precise, while it lacks amazingly in graphics and music. Overall visually and musically displeasing, but gameplay-wise, close to perfection.

2003 innovates once more, switching characters in the middle of the match was a very big step for King of Fighters. Sure, the game lacks of the CD strong attack and is not as polished as other KOF games because of it using a modified SVC - CHAOS engine and a lot of hit-box issues, but it is still enjoyable and has beautiful graphics and music.

And, about 2002, I played it a lot, and it did not mean much to me, it feels life-less, and tries to copy 98. No innovation at all.

Originally posted by Cloud121+Jun 4, 2004 @ 12:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cloud121 @ Jun 4, 2004 @ 12:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jun 4, 2004 @ 01:21 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121
@Jun 4, 2004 @ 01:24 AM

Ever played Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution competitively against human players?

Yes I have, and I managed to hold my own pretty well. I lost though. These guys were pretty good.

And no, I can't remember what they're names were. [/b][/quote]

You lost? What a dissapointment.

I thought you were serious when you stated you would win against any of us.

You would probably lose against me in that case...

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Jun 4, 2004 @ 11:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Jun 4, 2004 @ 11:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Cloud121@Jun 4, 2004 @ 12:22 PM

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jun 4, 2004 @ 01:21 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121
@Jun 4, 2004 @ 01:24 AM

Ever played Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution competitively against human players?

And no, I can't remember what they're names were.

You lost? What a dissapointment.

I thought you were serious when you stated you would win against any of us.

You would probably lose against me in that case...
[/b][/quote]

Bring it on!

Me (Sarah) vs Des!

I'm a Jacky user, but I've been trying to learn Lion as well. His timing is kinda weird, though.

And I would own you all... ;) :p

Especially YOU Axel.... I mean Blaze.... ;)

Mountaindud:

It depends on when you started using her. I've been using her since VF2, and she was easy to pick up then. She's not really that good for beginners anymore, due to her flamingo stance and everything. Even though she's labelled "Beginner" I'd say she's somewhere stuck in between Beginner and Intermediate.

Doom 3 - (PC)

Gradius V - (PS-2)

Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap - (GBA)

Mega Man Anniversary Collection - (PS-2)

Mega Man X8 - (PS-2)

Originally posted by retroborg@Jun 9, 2004 @ 12:02 PM

Doom 3 - (PC)

Gradius V - (PS-2)

Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap - (GBA)

Mega Man Anniversary Collection - (PS-2)

Mega Man X8 - (PS-2)

Wrong window? :lol:

I cant wait to play these games when they come out

SVC Chaos - SNK Vs Capcom - Played it in the game rooms

King Of Fighters - Maximum Impact - It almost looks like Street Fighter Ex Plus Alpha

Legends Of Wrestling Showdown - Has Sting on it. He used to wrestle on WCW wrestling television when it was on.

King Of Fighters 02/03 - I have not played these anywhere, but I saw the KOF 2K3 trailer on the PS2 IGN website and it looked very good.

Originally posted by TheGamePlayer@Jun 12, 2004 @ 09:07 PM

I cant wait to play these games when they come out

SVC Chaos - SNK Vs Capcom - Played it in the game rooms

King Of Fighters - Maximum Impact - It almost looks like Street Fighter Ex Plus Alpha

Legends Of Wrestling Showdown - Has Sting on it He used to wrestle on WCW wrestling television when it was on.

King Of Fighters 02/03 - I have not played these anywhere, but I saw the KOF 2K3 trailer on the PS2 IGN website and it looked very good.

Sting = GOD!

WCW > ALL!

I wish it hadn't been cancelled for 'Cube. I'm stuck with the PS2 version....

Back