Total Annihilation

I'm trying, for the first time, TA. Yes, I'm many moons behind the times, but in 1997 I was fed up with RTS games. Anyway, I burned an image of the 2nd disc (the one with the song tracks and movie data and whatnot) and I can play TA with the image mounted, but I can't get it to recognize my virtual drive to have it play music. It seems like it just has a music CD player in the program, but won't recognize the drive letter the image is on (F:). Is there any way to get TA to recognize my virtual drive for music playback? Thanks!

TA is a dos game isn't it? If it is, which I can't quite remember, a windows mounted virtual cd will not work, as its only mounted in windows. You can do a couple of things, run a dos program that can fake a cd drive, like FakeCD (although I believe that program fakes directories and not disc images). OR run the game through a dos emulator thats capable of mounting drives from disc images, I *think* dosbox can do this, or you can get a commercial program like VMWare or Virtual PC that will do it.

Back