SVC Chaos for the PS2 system

Does anybody know if there is going to be a U.S. release of SVC Chaos for the PS2 system? If anybody knows about this, post it please because I have played this game in 2 arcades and this game is pretty cool. It is a little different than Capcom Vs SNK 1 & 2. I used Terry Bogard and his moves are cool like these - the one where he goes like "are you okay , buster wolf" and some of the other moves he does on there. His buster wolf saying is faster than the Capcom Vs Snk 1 & 2 game.

If you have played this game, who is your favorite character to use and what special move do you like the best. :agree

There is a PS2 and Xbox version coming out in North America in September or thereabout, I think. I won't be able to play until then. :(

I think Chun-Li kicks some major ass in SvC Chaos. And, of course, Shiki is cool to use in a 2d environment.

I wonder if I really will ever get to play this game...

I REFUSE to play 2D games on PS2, same with the 'Box. I don't know why. Maybe it's because they just seem out of place? There's just something about 2D games on PS2/'Box/'Cube that make me not want to play them.

If only this had been ported to DC...

As I consider that to be the console for 2D, along with the Saturn.

Yes racket, I've seen your thread in the General section.

Dreamcast is pretty much the same gen as the PS2.

But Sony has finally got around to allowing some 2D games.

PS/PS2 has a pretty decent controller for 2d games, better than the DC's IMHO.

I'd like to get the Neo version, but the AES is just priced too high for a game of this quality, and the MVS version apparently doesn't work with the Phantom-1.

well i don't know about you, but i would much rather use a saturn controller for fighting games than a dc one.

I had this game on MVS, it was a boot, but it still worked fine, and it wasn't all that great. I even played the PCB version of the game, and it still wasnt all that great.

I'm not bashing SNK or Capcom, I'm a huge fan of both companies (specifically SNK) but this game just isn't up to snuff for a 2D fighter. There is some major collision detection problems, and there is also some animation problems. I dont mean FRAMES missing or whatever, I mean certain small things. (Look at Iori's face when he's standing, then look again when he's moving).

While the graphical things don't affect gameplay in the least, it's still a little annoying to see. Also, some of the characters (Zero, specifically) are GROTESQUELY off balance. I really like their inclusion of Evil Ken in this game... It's interesting to see how much Evil Ken from SVC Chaos resembles the "Evil Ken" from the MUGEN game. Even down to the arm being extended in the idle stance.

They are supposed to make a sequel, SNK Vs Capcom 2 on the Neo. I don't mean the one that was on the DC, Xbox and Gamecube (Cap vs SNK2). There is actually a sequel to Chaos coming, and I hope they fix the gameplay issues with this game. If I still had my MVS setup I would probably still buy the game on MVS, but I wouldnt pay that much money for an AES version. It's just not worth it.

I don't think a Neo sequel is forthcoming. Maybe on the Atomiswave, but I don't see it happening on the Neo.

Let's hear it for crappy peripherals that suck! At least the Power Glove is useful for something (namely homebrew VR projects), unlike that bloody Activator. Hell, the Atari Mindlink probably worked better than the Activator.

Originally posted by racketboy@Aug 2, 2004 @ 04:12 PM

topic? what topic?

Are you saying this is getting off-topic? :D I'd have to agree. I'll give everyone something to comment on: discuss this screenshot.

919647_20040702_screen001.jpg

Originally posted by racketboy@Aug 2, 2004 @ 04:43 PM

what's up with the nose?

I think he's wearing one of those masks, I don't know what they're called. :huh

That's Mr. Karate from Art of Fighting. Sort of the "Akuma" of the SNK universe.

Mr. Karate was also in the King of Fighter's games, but as Takuma Sakazaki, sans the mask.

Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Aug 2, 2004 @ 11:13 PM

That's Mr. Karate from Art of Fighting. Sort of the "Akuma" of the SNK universe.

Mr. Karate was also in the King of Fighter's games, but as Takuma Sakazaki, sans the mask.

I know who he is, I just don't know what's up with his nose :)

Back