square say sorry to nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have anyone read the story about sqaure asking nintendo to take them back.Since ff movie that flop, they lost million and need to make their money back.I hope nintendo takes them in, but for exculves titles

Where did you see this article? Please provide links.

Last I heard, Sony bought 19% (maybe more) of Square, which helped them out of their fancial problems, but basically ended any chance of Nintendo (or MS for that matter) of seeing any Square titles.

also what did u mean when u said " but basically ended any chance of Nintendo (or MS for that matter) of seeing any Square titles. " They said that square still can make games for nintendo and x box

Thanks for the links.

Basically what I meant was that if Sony is smart, which unfortunately they are, they won't allow their 2nd party (which Square is now) developers to develop for competing systems.

Final Fantasy is Sony's biggest title, it's like saying Rare will release Perfect Dark 2 (or Zeo or whatever) on the PS2.... It's just not going to happen.

Besides Square hasn't really made a good game since Chrono Trigger, so we're not missing anything.

Hahahahah.

Publicly Sony says Square can develop for other systems, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sony doesn't let them. Even if they could, I don't think Nintendo will change their mind about not letting Square develop for the GBA and GC. Even if they get on their knees and beg, which they might actually try the way they are acting. :)

CrowTRobo

"Besides Square hasn't really made a good game since Chrono Trigger, so we're not missing anything. "

did u play ff9? that has a great story line and its back to the old school style.and also wouldn't u love if square
remade 1 to 6 of final fantasy with better grafic on the advance? just like wonder swan.I would love for square to join nintendo, and also they can make chono trigger on the advance.If nintendo is smart they will let them join, consider final fantasy seriers are popular in the states, and is one of the best rpg ever made.

Remaking 4-6 on GBA while improving the graphics would be a hell of a trick, considering that the originals look good already and GBA has a lower physical resolution than SNES...

Well GBA has a more powerful processor then SNES did, and its carts hold more. Some GBA advance games can be played through the GC with a link up to, so it would be very possible to make them look better. How they would make 4-6 look better with cutsceans and all though is beyond me.

Well GBA has a more powerful processor then SNES did, and its carts hold more.

Still, I think the only way to have any chance of actually improving the graphics on 4-6 would be to shrink the playfield, because the screen is smaller - 240x160, whereas the SNES versions were probably at around 320x224.

Don't wine its square and nintendo we are talking about here... they'll be able to do it, make it look good and play well and some.

i love nintendo, and i used to love square, all the snes square games are really good
but everything since they jumped ship to sony has sucked balls
now i think sony ditched nintendo, and thats not cool, and i dont blame them for holding a grudge
Chrono Trigger-Great all around game Chrono Cross-Great Music, stupid boring game

I'm getting such mixed reactions about Chrono Cross... I guess I should try to get myself a copy...

chrono cross is far below the 1st one. Its a completely different game... different programing team etc

not as good as the greatest rpg ever... chrono trigger!!

i think Chrono Cross is possibly the most disappointing thing ever...after that i lost all hope for the PSX and started playing my saturn all the time...my psx hasnt been on for more than 10 minutes in about 6 months

I lost interest in Chrono Cross *really* fast... maybe I didn't give it a fair chance. Still, given what happened to FF, I wasn't really expecting to be blown away by Chrono Cross...

Am I the ONLY person that thinks CC is better than CT? CC is cool, CT just plain sucks (And if you're curious, I played CT like a year before Chrono Cross).

Quote: from Cloud121 on 10:09 pm on Dec. 21, 2001
Am I the ONLY person that thinks CC is better than CT? CC is cool, CT just plain sucks (And if you're curious, I played CT like a year before Chrono Cross).

yes

Quote: from Cloud121 on 10:09 pm on Dec. 21, 2001

err... ditto what shankinmonkey said.
Other than the simple fact Chrono Trigger was better game, it came out waaaaaay before Chrono Cross. A year?? By then SNES didnt even "exist." to really have enjoyed it, you should have played it when it came out, like you were supposed to.

Not that CC was a bad game (plz dont flame me ^_^). i liked how they recycled the xeno fighting engine and all. the storyline? yes it did suck. square got sidetracked and made a simple gaiden into something thats too complicated for its own good. i never got attached to any chars except maybe kid. serge was pretty dumb, the whole 'alternate universe' theory was very lame, and the 23984698236492864 playable characters had like 2 lines max.

oh, and about the nintendo/square thing... i still doubt it. its very unlikely. although i would love to see ff4-6 on gba (simply because i dont own an SNES any more and the psx ports suck due to looooong load time per battle). it would be really nice to see GBA turn into an "RPG machine" like SNES and PSX. and the gbc dragon quest ports just dont cut it. (unless they start porting the SNES dragon quests 1 through 3 for gba)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back