Sonic Heroes

Originally posted by racketboy+Jun 7, 2004 @ 08:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Jun 7, 2004 @ 08:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Dyne@Jun 7, 2004 @ 07:14 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Curtis
@Jun 7, 2004 @ 08:44 AM

Admit it mal - you have the Sega fishing rod, don't you? :p

i have one :D

I want one :) [/b][/quote]

Like this one? They have a couple of others (also Sega original) bundled with a game or two for it, for a little extra. I've never personally used one, and I somehow doubt I will. You'd have to like fishing first, I would think.

I don't really like the fishing games, but I wouldn't mind trying my hand at Soul Calibur using the fishing rod.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Jun 8, 2004 @ 01:44 PM

You sure are traveling light, aren't you? Just the shirt on your back?

Probably wants to fit everything in his car, so he doesn't have to pay for a moving van to go across the country. That's what I'd do anyway.

I think sonic heroes is a pretty good game let down by some of its bugs and the fact that you can only have a 2 player mode it would have been more fun in 4 player. I also think that an xbox live hook up would have been pretty cool to race each other through a level. Hopefully they will add features like this when it hits the PC later this year.

Originally posted by mountaindud+Jun 8, 2004 @ 06:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mountaindud @ Jun 8, 2004 @ 06:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alexvrb@Jun 8, 2004 @ 01:44 PM

You sure are traveling light, aren't you? Just the shirt on your back?

Probably wants to fit everything in his car, so he doesn't have to pay for a moving van to go across the country. That's what I'd do anyway. [/b][/quote]

Exactly -- we're taking my Corolla and Camry -- that's it.

Damn. Is that ever down sizing. What are you doing for furniture? I will admit, Moving vans are a bitch on the highway.

Well I didn't have a ton of furnature in the first place.

We sold table and desks at garage sale.

Our bed is stay at my in-laws until me more more permenantly.

Fouton is still waiting to be sold.

Cost is the major thing for the truck issue -- about $2000 to go one way from CA to FL -- not including gas. Crazy!

When I get to school I will have a month before classes start (my wife has a class she has to be there early for) So I will spend my mornings building some furnature (like on the home shows) and scouring freebie ads and garage sales. We will only be there for 9 months before moving back up north to MI area so I don't want to make the mistake of investing too much again.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 8, 2004 @ 10:27 PM

Cost is the major thing for the truck issue -- about $2000 to go one way from CA to FL -- not including gas. Crazy!

That is crazy. When we moved from upstate NY, we just rented a u-haul, and they had locations in VA. So we just rented for a day and dropped it off.

Anyway, good luck Racket Vila.

coming here to florida are ye. what school fau, fsu, or my fav just for lettering FU.

well its actually uf but eh. and theres tons of other schools too

I think it's ok, it has some levels i like from the time i rented it. i have played the 3 versions currently out (PC version to follow) and the PS2 version is by far the worst, it's very buggy, and half the framerate. XBOX is 2nd because it has some slowdown the GC version doesn't. I still prefer the Sonic Adventure series to it, but it's not a bad game at all, but the switching characters in the middle of fast paced action can be annoying until you get the hang of it (which i never did). a nice try but i think it could still be better.

Xbox version does have some slowdown, notably in spots where it really shouldn't. But they said they were strapped for time since they had to split resources. I will say that the Xbox incarnation DOES have 720p support, which looks absolutely freakin incredible if you have access to an HDTV that supports it. No, not all HDTVs support 720p. I had to bring it over to a friend's house, and then we had to go over to another friend's house, because his only supported up to 480 in progressive.

*ugh* :puke:

recently tried the 2 player mode on ps2. its awful the frame rate suffers very badly.

i also got sonic adventure 2 for the dreamcast the other day and i'll say, although the stages are more graphically impressive, i found number one to be quite the superior game in terms of my enjoyment. the music, character design and overall game design is better in number one in my opinion. i didnt like the "team hero or dark" system i much prefered picking a character and completing a storyline. the removal of the "adventure" sections to me took away the depth the game did have. the adventure sections gave a deeper sense of progression through a story rather than just stage after stage with a cut scene in between.

i really loved sonic adventure one, the changes from it in the new releases really are quite confusing.

Back