something I heard this about Mystic Heroes awhile ago

calganagain

Ban Hammered
I heard a few months ago that it would have no adventure elements to keep it a pure action game which is more palatable to anime fans, the target audience they were going for. Of course Nintendo eagerly grabbed at this chance to continue their committment to child friendly gaming. It would be a shame if children were required to do more than mash buttons.
Has anyone played it and give us your opinion of it?

Is the PS2 version going to be different and how so?

I think the closing comments of IGN's review sum it up perfectly:

Mystic Heroes is simple and to-the-point arcade action. I like it for the immediate satisfaction. You can jump into the game and start testing out buttons and attacks without too much consequence. It also has a very old school flavor that I enjoy. Battling through hordes of enemies and then taking out a huge boss is pretty enjoyable. The catch, however, is that all this becomes pretty dull after a short time. It's too much of doing the same thing over and over. Multiplayer helps amend that a bit, but even then, chances are you and your friends will want to turn to something that has more depth.
I think Mystic Heroes is ultimately a title aimed at a younger demographic. If you're 8-14, you may find it quite captivating. I would liken it to a good action movie. There's no frills, just raw action. To other semi-interested players, I definitely recommend a rent if you want to invite some friends over to accompany you.

I haven't played the game, nor do I plan to. I also haven't heard of the PS2 version so I can't help with comments on that. Maybe some of our more PS2 savvy members (Fabrizo for example) can answer.

However, I think it needs to be mentioned that 3rd parties generally releases titles for demographics that they feal represent the core market of a console. I don't think that it is Nintendo asking them for titles designed for kids.

Actualy, I realy don't know much about this games PS2 incarnation. About all I can think off the top of my head atm is that the ps2 ver will have six multiplayer modes, some of which (not confirmed) may be exclusive.

Back