Should I play Silhouette Mirage now or wait for a possible translation?

I'm kind of interested in starting Silhouette Mirage, but would rather wait if there's any chance of a translation being made. Do you think there is a reasonable chance someone will start one? Or do you think that is unlikely because of the PS1 version existing?

Play it now, the game is amazing and the plot is nonsense anyway. I didn't have any trouble finishing the game in japanese.
SM is so short you can replay it in the future if someone manage to translate it.

There IS a translation in progress and its pretty far along. If you only plan to play once I'd wait. If you plan to play it a bunch then have at it.

Play it now, the game is amazing and the plot is nonsense anyway. I didn't have any trouble finishing the game in japanese.
SM is so short you can replay it in the future if someone manage to translate it.
That's a good point. I didn't even think about the length. I played the English version of Bangai-O and man, talk about nonsense dialogue. That really and truely added nothing to the experience. :biglaugh:

There IS a translation in progress and its pretty far along. If you only plan to play once I'd wait. If you plan to play it a bunch then have at it.
Oh wow, is there really? I didn't see any thread on it when I searched in Saturn Dev, so I'm guessing it hasn't been discussed here or I'm just blind. Is this one that you're working on? And when you say pretty far along... do you think a release this year could actually happen?

I'm not the primary dev, but it was discussed in Discord. I cant give a time table, but I can say there is a lot done already. This was a screenie from when I was poking around with files before everything was figured out.
1688928491645.png

I can't say when it'll be done but at the rate everything is going it will probably be released this year. I'll show the dev this thread, maybe it'll convince him to start a thread about the translation.

That's a good point. I didn't even think about the length. I played the English version of Bangai-O and man, talk about nonsense dialogue. That really and truely added nothing to the experience. :biglaugh:

Oh wow, is there really? I didn't see any thread on it when I searched in Saturn Dev, so I'm guessing it hasn't been discussed here or I'm just blind. Is this one that you're working on? And when you say pretty far along... do you think a release this year could actually happen?
Hi, I am one of the "devs" (the team being Soniccd123, Malenko, and myself) on the Silhouette Mirage english fan translation project. We have inserted the PSX Working Designs script into ~15% of the game now. Good news is all the hard work has been done (identifying and understanding the commands in the hex, and mapping the general structure and locations of the text to be changed), so it is just a matter of grinding out the text changes now (and then tweaking for "aesthetics" once that is done). I am personally dedicating ~2 hours a day to the project in hopes of having it done this year (can't commit on a date yet, sorry). We have mentioned creating a translation thread on here, but none of us have found the time yet (will likely be started once Area 1 is in a shareable state so there is a proof-of-work demo to accompany said post).

Last edited:
Hi, I am one of the "devs" (the team being Soniccd123, Malenko, and myself) on the Silhouette Mirage english fan translation project. We have inserted the PSX Working Designs script into ~15% of the game now. Good news is all the hard work has been done (identifying and understanding the commands in the hex, and mapping the general structure and locations of the text to be changed), so it is just a matter of grinding out the text changes now (and then tweaking for "aesthetics" once that is done). I am personally dedicating ~2 hours a day to the project in hopes of having it done this year (can't commit on a date yet, sorry). We have mentioned creating a translation thread on here, but none of us have found the time yet (will likely be started once Area 1 is in a shareable state so there is a proof-of-work demo to accompany said post).
WOOHOO that's awesome!! Thank you so much for doing this! And no rush of course, I was just curious how far along we were talking is all. People are going to be over the moon once you guys are ready to make a Saturn Dev thread. :D

WOOHOO that's awesome!! Thank you so much for doing this! And no rush of course, I was just curious how far along we were talking is all. People are going to be over the moon once you guys are ready to make a Saturn Dev thread. :D
Sorry for the delayed response (bug squashing took some time). You can check out a in-progress version of the patch here Silhouette Mirage - English Patch

Back