Howdy! I am new to the Saturn scene and am not tech savvy in the slightest. I am using an official release disc for this patch. After booting up SSP I clicked select a Saturn game, chose Silhouette Mirage, selected game patch, then clicked patch image. The game stills remains in Japanese when I play it though, what step am I missing?

This might be kind of a silly question, but did you ... play the bin/cue that was generated by the patcher when you applied the patch, or did you accidentally play the original unpatched game's bin/cue? Because it sounds like you did the process correctly.

I guess to make sure you did follow the process correctly, you can watch EmeraldNova patch some other games that use the SSP, like Bulk Slash:

Howdy! I am new to the Saturn scene and am not tech savvy in the slightest. I am using an official release disc for this patch. After booting up SSP I clicked select a Saturn game, chose Silhouette Mirage, selected game patch, then clicked patch image. The game stills remains in Japanese when I play it though, what step am I missing?
Hi! Thanks for checking out the patch. For these things it is just easiest to demonstrate. Emerald Nova walks through patching a game in SSP in this video (jump to 27 min mark)

EDIT: I just saw Dan's post >.<

This might be kind of a silly question, but did you ... play the bin/cue that was generated by the patcher when you applied the patch, or did you accidentally play the original unpatched game's bin/cue? Because it sounds like you did the process correctly.

I guess to make sure you did follow the process correctly, you can watch EmeraldNova patch some other games that use the SSP, like Bulk Slash:

I have attempted to burn the new cue file to the disc but no dice. I am using Alcohol 120% and a message keeps popping up saying that it is waiting for a blank disc.

I do not see any duplicate files though I would not be surprised if that were the case. Do you know how to fix it?
I am not entirely sure why that occurs, but it could be why you are unable to burn the CD-R. I do not often recommend this (but given your struggles), I should point out that it is possible to find pre-patched versions of the game on cd-romance.

Bump so people here don't miss it cos for some reason (maybe cos it's done as a separate release from the previous versions because it's now a full retranslation rather than based on the Working Designs PS1 port's localization?) I didn't see it pop in the new posts at the front page since it launched.

Last edited:
Back