SGCC JAS macros

I've got SGCC, and it works fine. But now I'm at the point where I'd like to write to macros to use in my assembly code, but I don't know the syntax (if there even is one).

I've already tried macro name, .macro name, name macro and name .macro. None of those worked..

Originally posted by mic@Sun, 2005-10-16 @ 05:56 PM

I've got SGCC, and it works fine. But now I'm at the point where I'd like to write to macros to use in my assembly code, but I don't know the syntax (if there even is one).

I've already tried macro name, .macro name, name macro and name .macro. None of those worked..

[post=140759]Quoted post[/post]​

This isn't really helpful, but the syntax used by SNASM68K is much more normal than the GCC assembly syntax. You may want to use that for writing assembly code.

However, I have not been able to figure out how to link SNASM68K object files with a C program. They are supposed to be COFF but do not resemble that format. So using it with SGCC (or any other GCC 68K toolchain) may be difficult or impossible.

Well, except for this annoying shortcoming, I really like JAS.

Snasm68k does absolutely nothing on my system (yes, I downloaded the XP/2000 version). The gnu 68k assembler has horrible syntax (like prepending registers with %). asm68 and system68 don't appear as good alternatives either.

I suggest you to try my MaccerX version

Maccer is a pre processor used for macro and binaries include

MaccerX is a mod of it to support JAS and XGCC

I would also suggest you to use XGCC since SGCC is VERY bugged and a lot of people stop Genny dev because of that :(

I found m68k-coff-as with the --register-prefix-optional and --bitwise-or flags to be an acceptable solution.

Back