sega saturn battery inside??

I just bought a sega saturn on ebay. All these years, I never touched a sega saturn, I missed out on it. I don't know how I missed out on it. I own pretty much all the sega systems. Anyway, the internal memory doesn't seem to save anything. I notice the clock settings are always gone when I power it off. Is their a battery inside to replace? I believe I came across sega saturn batteries on ebay. Anyone got any info? Also looking for anyone selling new saturn games....

There is a battery, it's located inside the rear-right cover, where the MPEG card goes. The battery is a standard CR2032 battery found in most stores, no need to pay eBay shills.

Now when I replace the battery, it will keep my clock settings right?? Also, is there a amount of time it needs to stay on for the new battery to work??? I thought I read something somewhere about the saturn has to be on six hours? I can't remember. :(

Originally posted by IceBeNot@Apr 30, 2004 @ 02:57 PM

Now when I replace the battery, it will keep my clock settings right?? Also, is there a amount of time it needs to stay on for the new battery to work??? I thought I read something somewhere about the saturn has to be on six hours? I can't remember. :(

No, the dreamcast has a rechargeable battery and needs to be left on a certain amount of time so the battery doesn't lose it's charge. The saturn does not need that, since the battery is a regular old CR2032.

you can buy them at walmart or pretty much anywhere with a decent selection of batteries.

edit: doh -- missed antime's post

Back