Sega CD Spinning problem

I have purchased a Sega CD model 1 on EBay, knowing that the unit could not spin the cd for some reason. It sounds like a motor problem, but I'm not 100% on the problem yet. If anyone has any information to spare (Scimatics, replacement motor part #, advice, etc.), I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks for your time guys and gals.

Have you received the item yet?

Have you opened it and checked yourself?

It possibly may not be the motor at all, but istead be part of the tray assembly not lifting the motor all the way up (I problem I had with one of my SCD model 1 units, and more recently in a DVD-rom I attempted to modify for use in an xbox).

I don't have any schematics, part#'s or anything like that. But I know I along with several other people have experience in fiddling around inside a SCD unit... just be a little more specific with the problem.

Thank you for the reply. I have now recieved the sega CD, and it appears worse than I thought. First, the system is a Sega CD Model 2 (Model # MK-4102). I first hooked up the system (correctly i may add. The Genesis was tested and worked) and the BIOS screen did not boot up (stayed as a black screen. Nothing but black). The connection between the genesis and the sega CD were clean, so I opened up the system. There appeared to be two strange things with the board. #1, at the very front of the system, on the board there is a port "CN403" which has nothing hooked up to it. Secondly, just below a large group of compassitors (all to the left of the slot where the Genesis connects to the Sega CD if the front of the system is facing you) there is a lone board with 2 chips, 5 wires, and some compassitor placed on top of the SEGA 315-5476A chip. Obviously I'm not 100% about what is on this board, but something doesn't seem right (failed bios chip install?). If you could lend some asistance, that would be great, or at lease a picture of the Sega CD opened so I could compaire. Thanks again for your time.

Robot_House

Back