Resident Evil 4 News

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
You will be able to buy, repair, and upgrade weapons in the village. To obtain money you need to kill enemies and search crates.

This game is sounding a little RPG'ish now. Very cool new feature.

Thanks to the Magic Box for the news.

Don't you go confusing everyone about money (and collecting it to buy stuff) being something that's associated with a single genre, 'cos it's not.

But still, the game is less and less that of what RE used to be. It definately should not have been RE4. Capcom has pretty much killed the RE which I once knew.

Killed it?
Not only did Shinji Mikami extend his hand to prevent it from drowning, but more importantly, he REVIVED, or if you will, resuscitated it.
These new developments are giving the series a whole new direction to take while maintaining the core aspect of the franchise.

This post is not to knock you, for even I hated RE4 when I first read about it, but after playing the demo and reading more into the possible storyline, I'm intrigued.
So intrigued was I with the game that I pre-ordered this sucker a long time ago.

So no, don't think too hard on the game.
It's going to be great, and I hope you enjoy it when it comes out.

The thing that I’m hating is that there is talk that Mikami is leaving, and thus the Resident Evil series will end because of some major differences within the Capcom and RE camp.

I meant exactly what I said - killed the series I once knew for me, 'revived' the series for you. And the only way it's maintaining the core aspect of the franchise is by slapping the RE name/ characters/ story and theme onto the game. But you see, I like RE for it's unique controls, and camera angles (which it established with it's first release) - which RE4 doesn't have anymore. If RE4 was in it's own series, then it's wouldn't have killed the series I once knew - because it would leave the door open with the original RE series.

Back