Otogi 2

This great game is a little more than a week away before hitting the shelves at stores in the US. I want to know what everything thinks about this game and if anyone is actually going to buy it this time around haha.

I'm personally finding myself playing the demo over and over and over again, it's just such a good game I can't wait for Oct 19th!

As will I. I absolutely loved the first game.

Right now, Sega.com has a poll asking who your favorite warrior from Otogi 2 is. I voted for Raikoh, of course. I just think he's awesomely cool.

Perhaps this was premature of me, as I have yet to play as the other five characters. But what's done is done. And Raikoh is awesome. :thumbs-up:

haha sweet, I dunno who to vote for though I pretty much love every character for their own reasons. I think the only reason why I'd favor Raikoh is because I know more of his story from the 1st one.

I already full paid for my pre-ordered 2 days ago. I think the shipping date is the 19th which means we'll get our hands on the game on the 20th. The wait is KILLING me...litteraly! :damn:

Originally posted by reX dart: eskimo spy@Oct 18, 2004 @ 10:21 PM

I preordered mine. :thumbs-up:

Yup. I'm a fan of last-minute preorders.

[post=121296]Quoted post[/post]​

I went to two stores and neither of them had it! Goddammit! This is exactly why I don't buy retail,

I show up, "No we didn't get that yet"

"What Toki 2?, John do we have Toki 2?"

"Here it is. *hands me a copy of Tak 2*"

GAWAWAHAH :damn: :damn: :damn:

eBay it is.

I've been playing Asian version for few months now.

It even came with bonus DVD which I haven't opened up yet...

unless I need XLIVE I normally get the Asian version which have the almost same release date as JPN release...

Been expecting Asian release of DOA Ultimate...

cheers

Originally posted by mountaindud@Oct 19, 2004 @ 01:53 PM

I went to two stores and neither of them had it! Goddammit! This is exactly why I don't buy retail,

I show up, "No we didn't get that yet"

"What Toki 2?, John do we have Toki 2?"

"Here it is. *hands me a copy of Tak 2*"

GAWAWAHAH :damn: :damn: :damn:

eBay it is.

[post=121326]Quoted post[/post]​

haha at least it's not as bad as everyone asking if you want a strategy guide with your game. EVEN if it's a damn Sports game. I just reply, no thanks I have the internet, and they look at me funny and then ask if I want it or not.

Originally posted by Darsh@Oct 20, 2004 @ 04:52 PM

haha at least it's not as bad as everyone asking if you want a strategy guide with your game. EVEN if it's a damn Sports game. I just reply, no thanks I have the internet, and they look at me funny and then ask if I want it or not.

[post=121385]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm almost glad they didn't have the game, so they wouldn't have to ask that.

Apparently the release date kept getting pushed back since it's not an on demand kinda game, the date isn't solid.

So I talked to the people in the mall about it for a bit and apparently I'm the ONLY person who preordered it asside from the guy who works there. WTF!!! it's such a great game that nobody knows about ONCE AGAIN. Sega really needs to get on the marketing train and tell people about their games so they sell. Let's not have it go file for Chapter 11 again.

Anyone have any opinions on this game yet? I realy like it, but there are too many characters; I'd be happier with just Raikoh, Tsuna, and Sadamitsu as playable characters. But otherwise the game is great, the levels look like works of art--even better than the first game in that area. Everyone just go and buy it.

Additionally, if anyone else is having trouble finding this game, I'm selling one in Buy/Sell/Trade forum. I got one from the store, and ordered one online too. I can be forgetful.

Originally posted by Darsh@Fri, 2004-10-22 @ 10:02 PM

Apparently the release date kept getting pushed back since it's not an on demand kinda game, the date isn't solid.

So I talked to the people in the mall about it for a bit and apparently I'm the ONLY person who preordered it asside from the guy who works there. WTF!!! it's such a great game that nobody knows about ONCE AGAIN. Sega really needs to get on the marketing train and tell people about their games so they sell. Let's not have it go file for Chapter 11 again.

[post=121475]Quoted post[/post]​

That really doesn't suprise me. The only reason I could see for pre-ordering this game is so the store actually orders copies of it.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Sat, 2004-10-30 @ 05:52 PM

Anyone have any opinions on this game yet? I realy like it, but there are too many characters; I'd be happier with just Raikoh, Tsuna, and Sadamitsu as playable characters. But otherwise the game is great, the levels look like works of art--even better than the first game in that area. Everyone just go and buy it.

The only reason I could see for pre-ordering this game is so the store actually orders copies of it.

[post=122066]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I love the game! I personally like all the characters as well. I don't have a problem with any of them, they're all kool and I like the variety. The only thing I have a problem with is how you can't replay the stage in it's origional state like in the first one. Cuz replaying stages in utter destruction isn't as fun over time as it could be with the environment back to normal to do some smashy smashy. Other then that I have no quims with the game.

And yes the only reason why I preordered mine was because I wanted the store to actaully get some in. When I picked mine up I saw like 3 copies behind the counter and 1 was mine. I asked if they actually bought some store copies and they told me only a few.

This game is sooooooooooooo awesome, the first was impressive, this is twice as impressive... luv this game.

Does anyone know if you get anything for getting 100% spirits in all levels?

I though this game was much easier that the first one, I only played 14 hours or so and I already maxed Raikoh's level and got the moonlight sword. All the characters do add variety, but I still have yet to find a use for Seimei. At this point I still like the first game a little bit more. Although the levels are even prettier in Otogi 2.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Sun, 2004-11-07 @ 05:33 PM

Does anyone know if you get anything for getting 100% spirits in all levels?

I though this game was much easier that the first one, I only played 14 hours or so and I already maxed Raikoh's level and got the moonlight sword. All the characters do add variety, but I still have yet to find a use for Seimei. At this point I still like the first game a little bit more. Although the levels are even prettier in Otogi 2.

[post=123080]Quoted post[/post]​

Well There are a lot of things to do in this one that make it harder if you choose to do them I think. You have to get 100% Spirits and get an A ranking with the destruction in every stage to get some special things.

As for Seimei she is one of my fav characters. She gets double spell casting (including double Deathblow spells which is killer!) and if you actually go into melee with her since she doesn't have a high combo count equip her with the Ogre Horn accessory and hit B followed by Y that should make her rock anyone's world along with her crazy spells. Plus she never runs out of magic from what I see.

Back