Ninja Gaiden

axelblazeadam

Staff member
Got this game a few days ago and its excellent. All I can say is that it has the best combat system in any 3D adventure game I've ever played :bow . I also like the fact that its based more on action as opposed to exploration.

The difficultly level is quite high but it leaves you with a real sense of achievement when you clear difficult areas, and just like a good fighter the more you play the more skilled you get.

The graphics are excellent and the game features quite possibly the best looking FMV I've ever seen in a game :drool:

My only complaint so far is the camera sometimes gives you a bad view of the action, but I really cant see how it can be improved much due to the pace of the game.

If you like more action based adventure games or even old school beat\slash-em-ups chances are you will love this game. :thumbs-up: :banana

Just like I said above, my friend calls this Ninja May Cry.

Another friend of mine, just brought the game over with his 'Box today, and I'm not impressed. It's a Devil May Cry clone the whole way. Even the inventory screen is the same! Sure, I like the combos you're able to do with the Nunchaku, but that's really it. Maybe I should actually play the game first. But I have a feeling my opinion won't be swayed in the slightest...

eh... NG has as much to do with DMC as the kelly family with marilyn manson.. completely different gameplay and feeling to it.. I hated DMC, but loved NG.

great game.... gorgious graphics... and a real challenge..... I enjoyed this game soooooooooooooooooooooo much,.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Jul 30, 2004 @ 02:39 AM

Maybe I should actually play the game first. But I have a feeling my opinion won't be swayed in the slightest...

Actually play the game first before making a judgement. I would have thought a VF fan such as yourself would appreciate the battle system, which has had people used to button bashing their way through similar games crying about how unfair the difficultly is.

I've played both DMC and Ninja Gaiden. Saying Ninja Gaiden is a DMC clone, is like saying Sonic is a Mario clone. The games are of the same genre and share some mechanics. But the games are vastly different. And I think that Ninja Gaiden is way better than DMC.

I ordered it months ago, but it never came. Let's see if the next one I buy actually gets sent.

As far as being a devil may cry rip-off, they don't seem to be comparable, but that Ninja May Cry joke was pretty funny.

Well, I finally got to play the game. I beat the first level, and played a little of the second level.

I still hereby call it "Ninja May Cry", as I was not impressed in the slightest.... Well okay, I like the graphics...

Sure, I'll get it whenever I get a 'Box, as I love DMC too death, but DMC is still the better game to me.

Then again, it was probably due to the fact that it got hyped to hell, and I go in expecting to play a game so great that I'm gonna steal my friends 'Box....

I just came away very disappointed, the same with Halo.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Aug 2, 2004 @ 02:05 AM

I just came away very disappointed, the same with Halo.

Let me guess, you only played the first level of Halo. That has to one of the worst 1st levels in terms of an indicator of the quality of the rest of a game. After the 1st level I wondered what the hype was about. By the 3rd level I was hooked.

Ninja Gaiden also improves the later you get into the game.

I didn't like Halo either, I played up to level four. I think I'll give it another try today as I have nothing else to play for a few days.

Halo is a good game, but the multiplayer is what makes it good (specifically, the use of vehicles). Single player is nothing to write home about, and the re-use of areas makes the game feel a bit dull after a while.

Some people just cannot stand competition...

Anyway, Ninja Gaiden is very good, Devil May Cry is better, sure, but that does not render Ninja Gaiden a bad game. It is still great, and challenging.

Halo is a great game, especially in multiplayer, haha, and I hate FPS.

Originally posted by it290@Aug 3, 2004 @ 12:32 AM

I thought Virtua Fighter was your favorite game?

It IS! It's not just my favorite game! It's part of my life! For nearly nine years I've been playing VF! One problem being, I don't have anyone good to play against!

I do enjoy competition. I'm just alone 90% of the time, that I enjoy single-player more. Could also be due to the fact single-player is all I play.... If only I could find some good VF players....

What I meant to say was, I don't like most multiplayer games. I especially hate FPS multiplayer. I'll play Quake III sometimes on Dreamcast, but it gets old fast. Same with GoldenEye, Timesplitters, and others.

Although Timesplitters (Original for PS2) is pretty fun in multiplayer...

I never said Ninja Gaiden was bad. I was just saying how it reminds me so much of DMC that I was disappointed with it, all the hype...

God I hate hype...

Back