New Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

VertigoXX

Mid Boss
Reading the preview book that comes with the GCN Orcana of Time disc (the one you get for free with a pre-order), I think I've figured out the reasoning behind the graphics and animation style for LoZ: WindWalker. In this game, Link is a CHILD! It is a prequel to all the other games. Hence, why Link looks like a little animé kid.

Sorry if this has been made obvious to other people already. I just keep hearing people complain about the cartoonishness of the graphics that appear to me as spectacular. The animé nature threw me off a bit at first, but reading into it, it makes sense to me now.

I've heard that angle before and whilst I think it its a viable excuse, there's no reason Link couldn't have been done younger in the Spaceworld 2000 fashion.

Needless to say, I've learned to love the look of WW and I'm really, really looking forward to it arriving in my post box. But I still think I would have prefered the "old" look more, but to end with a cliche, never judge a book by its cover.

It is a prequel to all the other games.
The generally accepted theory is that there is no unified timeline, and that all the games except for The Adventure of Link (which is apparently a direct sequel to LoZ) and Majora's Mask (which is apparently a direct sequel to OoT) are basically reinterpretations of the core story. This is pretty much the only reasonable way to account for variations in the story such as:

Spoiler Alert
Or something.

- Link obtains the full Triforce in LttP, but Link and Zelda have to obtain it "again" in LoZ (to say nothing of the OoT situation).

- At the end of LTTP, it is said quite clearly and emphatically that the Master Sword sleeps forever (though perhaps this is a bad translation).

- In LTTP, Ganondorf obtains the complete Triforce generations before Link and Zelda are even born, taking possession of the entire Triforce and becoming Mandrag Ganon immediately; in OoT, Ganondorf can only take the Triforce of Power, and doesn't become Mandrag Ganon until Link nearly kills him.

Get out your Zelda1 manual. Take a look at the artwork in it. That might be what Miyamoto wanted originally, a video game with a cartoon pint-sized hero.

The graphics are lush, colorful, and brilliant.

The natural progression in videogaming has been to more real and more detailed graphics. When he went more abstract people balked so that is why OOT/MQ was included as a package deal.

Does this mean when link is an 80 year old man we'll have the sweetest graphics ever seen? I can't wait to walk around with a cane at .1 KPH as long as the graphics are amazing :)
but I doubt zelda will be worth saving by then.:biggrin:
---Ammut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back