New Shining Force!

Cloud121

Established Member
From GameSpot:

GBA Shining Force named and dated

THQ releases the first information on Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon for the Game Boy Advance. First screens inside.

THQ has today released the first information on Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon for the Game Boy Advance. Currently in development at Sega, the game is the latest in the long-running Shining Force series of role-playing games that debuted on the Sega Genesis back in 1992.

Resurrection of the Dark Dragon features a story that has been written by staff that worked on the original Shining Force, and will boast a number of improvements over previous games in the series. Battles in the game will be even more tactical than those in previous titles, and will employ a new 'Unique Card System'. Resurrection of the Dark Dragon will also feature three characters that have never appeared in a Shining Force title before.

THQ plans to release Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon in Europe in April, no North American release date has been announced at this time. We'll bring you more information on the game as soon as it becomes available.

If it doesnt come to the US I will be VERY upset. You wont like me when I get angry...

Cool news though.

No more real-time isometrical RPG, another traditional Shining Tactical RPG!

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!1 :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

...ok, I'm done.

Yes! I can't wait.. however, this 'Unique Card System' doesn't sound promising.. and it features only three characters that haven't appeared before? Every previous Shining Force was composed almost entirely of new characters.

this is great news indeed.... super super sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :agree :agree :cheers :bow :banana :banana :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

About time damnit.....woot! Even if it doesn't come to the US.....atleast in Europe they speak English. That way we will still be able to play it.....and the GBA has no region lockout BS. but ya...off to look at the screens :).

Great! I would like to have a new single-player Phantasy Star game like the old ones too! Maybe they will make one for GBA.

bah, those screen shots look just like shining soul.......from the looks of the pix it IS shining soul (played it only a wee bit about 2 yrs ago). Maybe they got wrong pix up or sumthing?

Unique Card System!?

When the fuck did everything need to start having cards in it...

This is my favourite series of all time, and I swear to god, if they fuck it up with all these goddamn cards... hell will be paid.

They put up pictures of the most recent previously published game of the same company (in the same series) until they have real screeners. If they don't even have that, they put up pics from a similar game from the same company, and if they don't have that, then they put up pictures from the same genre.

Gamespot's funny like that.

Anywho, how many times do you have to defeat DD before he stays dead? Jeez! And perhaps they'll explain what happened to Max after SF1? (Or did just stay a farmer?) Note: If that question has been answered, simply point me to the game so I can play it (again, most likely - and if it's Sword of Hajya or the other two books, then just please explain. :) )

The card thing COULD come out as an alright thing if it's one of those things that is used very little. For example you use the card thing every 1/2hr or so.

MAYBE you collect cards of past SF heroes and then when you use them you can summon them into battle? That'd be kinda fun.....but I dont think it would add much to the game.

Back