Multiple CD/DVD burning programs

schi0249

Mid Boss
Recently while browsing some tweaking guides, I came accross a recomendation I've not heard before. They indicated having more than 1 burning program causes conflicts and problems. Has anyone heard this before. I have 5 or 6 different programs I use. Should I wank them? Space is not a concern for me. I have plenty of hard drive space.

I've never had a problem before... and at one point I had all these installed:

Nero

cdrwin

clonecd

and dickjuggler .... er I mean disk juggler.

and then a couple dvd burning softwares that elude me at the moment.

Never had a problem that whole time. Sure 5 or 6 of them isn't a huge amount, but I'd say if I can have 6 installed at once, then having more probably wouldn't affect it unless the one that set you over the edge would have done it even if it was alone.

I think Nero v6x has a sad when EZCD creator is also installed - that's the only conflict I know of. Doesn't concern me though, as I do not use EZCD :p

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Fri, 2005-01-28 @ 07:45 AM

I've never had a problem before... and at one point I had all these installed:

Nero

cdrwin

clonecd

and dickjuggler .... er I mean disk juggler.

and then a couple dvd burning softwares that elude me at the moment.

Never had a problem that whole time.

same here

I'd advise against installing more than one (less than one would be ideal) of anything that hijacks the SCSI interface for ATIP-hiding, copy protection emulation, and the like on an actual drive (I believe CloneCD integrates something like this, maybe a couple others do too). Programs that only rip/master/burn shouldn't really conflict unless they come packaged with their own ASPI or other SCSI interface driver (I think this is mostly only a problem with a few obscure burning programs like Gear), but to have multiple black magic programs installed is asking for trouble.

I have clone cd, clone dvd, alcohol 120%, nero, cdrwin, sonic dvd, nti cd professional 2000, and ulead dvd movie studio all installed with no problems, except some games search for clonecd and alcohol 120, like doom 3 and rome total war i believe. There are ways around this though.

Back