Microphone

After reading more about Seaman in the Game of the week-section I just knew I had to get it. The microphone will come bundled with the game, but does any other game use it? I have seen stores that sell the Mic loose. There also seems to be different bundles of Seaman, with or without the WMU, does the game require VMU? (I have a thirdparty 16xMemorycard, no visual display)

And besides Typing of the Dead, does any other game use the Keyboard?

Originally posted by Twillinx@Thu, 2005-05-26 @ 05:35 PM

And besides Typing of the Dead, does any other game use the Keyboard?

Quake 3 and reportedly Outrigger can use the keyboard in tandem with the mouse... Of course PSO....

Thanks alot for the replies, I'll get the Seaman-bundle w/o the VMU then.

In Alien Front Online the microphone is only used to laugh at other players you've killed or swear at them when you get killed yourself I guess?

Another question, what about online gaming on the DC, is it still possible?

Yep, the mic in alien front online allowed you to talk to other players online. This was to also be the case for propeller arena, but that never happened due to it not being officially released. From what I gather the online chat was never that good - with everyone being on dialup the sound quality wasn't that great and you had a 6ish second window to say something after hitting the button to talk.

Playing dreamcast games is still possible for a handful of games but official support has been dropped for some time. Games that were not dependant on specific dreamcast servers are still good, such as Quake 3 and 4x4 Evolution, and there are homebrew servers for Phantasy star online.

edit: you can find compiled list of online dreamcast games here. Unfortunately there isn't much more than what I listed already :(

No, you need an actual VMU with a screen to play Seaman, because it flashes an exclamation point on there to tell you he's ready for you to say something. It also beeps. I don't think the game will work at all without an official VMU, but even if it did, it would be very difficult to play.

...and this is why I never bought an XBox. When the head dies, the body goes with it. Centralized online support is absolutely retarded for non-MMO games. 9_9

Back