MegaCD Laser Turning

Hello, Its been a VERY LONG since a post here but i have an issue.

My mega cd is having troubles reading my previously working backups. <_<

Does anyone have a laser tweaking guide or something of the such.

The originals are fine just SOME the backups.. No scratches or any problems with the discs... read fine in the PC.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks Acids.

What kind of CD-R did you use? The cheap brands have a way of going bad over time, even if they work at first. I've been using TDK CD-Rs myself, and while I've only been burning for about a year, I've never had a single problem with them.

eh, the laser might also just be dirty. Try just cleaning the laser.

If that dont work, try a legite game, motor might be burning out. It could be cd-r's but i dont know the problems everyone on here talks about with burning speed and certain cd-r's ive never had probs with... always 40X burn with what ever cd-r i can get my hands on, always worked.

There is the CDR brand but also the CDBurner brand which make a game working or not working on segacd.

I have a LGDVDRAM (the last one) and it burn at 24x (4x is recommended to my point of view) a working CD.

BUT, with my Accer8x, when i burn at 2x a game, sometimes it works, sometimes it fails (music/data corrupted).

i aint saying any of y'all lieing. Just saying ive never witnessed any of these probs myself and always had any problems associated with the actual video game console itself.

Originally posted by Acids@Aug 7, 2004 @ 11:45 PM

Hello, Its been a VERY LONG since a post here but i have an issue.

My mega cd is having troubles reading my previously working backups. <_<

Does anyone have a laser tweaking guide or something of the such.

The originals are fine just SOME the backups.. No scratches or any problems with the discs... read fine in the PC.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks Acids.

More Info...

The discs are mainly Brand Names.. TDK, Verbatim, Ricoh, Kodak and imation.

The originals i tried seem to be ok, some backups are ok <_<

All discs were burnt at 4x.. ( yes im fussy ).

Maybe the laser is getting old and weak, thats why im asking for some tweaking info.

Can anyone setup to the task ???

Thanks.

I could swear its just dirty or something... model 2's are real easy to clean. And i know that model 1's get dirty real easy... i have to do a tune up of my model 1 every 1 or 2 years... owned it a LONG time and put thousands of hours of playtime into it. OHHH i love my SCD.

i dont know why my attention was called to this thread but it seems on track so far, unless i missed something. if so pm me, otherwise keep it on track :cheers

Probably because it's not really a dev topic, but more of a tech help topic.

Originally posted by mal@Aug 9, 2004 @ 06:24 AM

Probably because it's not really a dev topic, but more of a tech help topic.

thats true, but who better to ask then a dev :D

I have tried cleaning the lense but it made no difference..

Back