Mario Sunshine Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

VertigoXX

Mid Boss
Ick. I just saw the (US) Mario Sunshine commercial for the first time... Man, does it make the game look lame. Graphics look good, but the ad is just so damn corny that it makes me want to say "fuggedaboudit" to Mario Sunshine.

I just saw the commercial today as well, and yeah it isn't very good, but what I never understood is why did they make a Purple system?

Whilst I'm normally a strong supporter of all things Nintendo, that commercial blows.... what were they thinking?!?

Purple consoles = 0wnage IMO

Blue waters that lap her shores mixed with the blood of the many aquatic species eaten by the Japanese gives a splendid purple.

You should see Japan's beautiful, pristine whale-free seas for yourself. It is a sight to behold imo.

I just saw the commercial today, and I had been telling myself that their was no way it could be as bad as people are saying it is. However, after seeing it for myself I must fully agree: That is one of the lamest commercials ever to represent a game.

The sad thing is that I thought all of Nintendo's recent commercials had been pretty good...

Oh well... shit advertising or not, Mario Sunshine will sell bucket loads... I'll definately be picking up a copy soon!

I've not seen the commercial on TV, but a friend sent me a short DivX clip of it. This is how it starts out:

Clean is better than dirty and dirty is meaner (<span style='color:yellow'>?</span>

Is this the one?

Oh, in that case:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Clean is better than dirty
and dirty is meaner (<span style='color:yellow'>?</span>) than clean...

Let's all lend a helping hand,
Mario can't do it all alone.
Hey(<span style='color:yellow'>?</span>), spray his water and fly around
and clean the sludge that's on the ground...

Catchy tune though.
biggrin.gif

The Japanese obsession with cleanliness has taken control of Nintendo's videogame development.
Luigi vacuuming ghosts
Mario cleaning sludge on vacation

Visions of Samus in a French maid getup cleaning house flash before my eyes.

Where will it end?

Visions of Samus in a French maid getup cleaning house flash before my eyes.

hey thats my job!!

i have seen american adverts and they are piss poor. We had american friends to stay over (UK) and they spent hours watching the adverts because they were so good. How bad is bad? can someone post this abomination on the movies archive?

No one has recorded it into a dl'able file yet (understandably so). Besides, why waste the bandwith on such a lousy video?

Have any of you actually played Mario Sunshine or are you gonna insult something on first impression. Personally I think its one of the most awsome games I ever played.

Quote: from Requiem on 6:40 am on Sep. 20, 2002
Have any of you actually played Mario Sunshine or are you gonna insult something on first impression. Personally I think its one of the most awsome games I ever played.
Did you even read what people had put?
They weren't insulting the game, they were rightfully insulting the commercial.

Has anyone here seen the UK one?
It is kinda crap too as it just shows people wearing Mario moustaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back