Ironic don't you think..alittle bit too ironic

calganagain

Ban Hammered
GC's titles usually have child friendly themes but their prices are too high to be friendly with a child's wallet. The price of the console is more affordable for children than the others but that doesn't make a shittin' difference when they must pay $50 a game. Although the PS2 console is more expensive than the GC, they have a wider selection of games affordable for a child. I was kinda surprised to see I assume a new PS2 game for only $20(Disney's PK: Out of the Shadows) while Disney's Magical Mirror is still selling for $50.

Nintendo is reluctant to get into any kind of software price war, because going at it too vigorously could pretty much bleed the whole industry.

Quote: from ExCyber on 11:24 am on Nov. 20, 2002
Nintendo is reluctant to get into any kind of software price war, because going at it too vigorously could pretty much bleed the whole industry.

I'm not disagreeing, but could you elaborate on that theory? Surely there's an equal chance it could go the other way. A lot of people wait a little while now to buy games preowned to save a little cash, which isn't going to benefit anyone in the industry. If the prices for new games were dropped, more new games would be sold and there's a decent possibilty this would make more money for Nintendo et al, with added benefit for the consumer (like anyone cares about that :)).

It's hardly as if the videogames world is on it's last legs right now. In fact, there seems to be a pretty unstoppable rise in the worth of videogames as an industry over the last few years.

Just playing devil's advocate :).

Back