Hell has frozen over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't signal a return to glory for either. It's minor news that people like to make a big deal about.

I'll be pleased to hear about unreleased games(RS 1-3, SD3, FF2,FF3, etc) coming stateside as rereleases and not remakes.

I think this is pretty big news.

Whilst I'm not a massive Square fan, they are responsible for my favourite RPG to date, Chrono Trigger.

Not only that, but Square games sell... and they sell a lot!

Maybe this is the push start the GC needs for the mainstream to start taking it seriously :)

i wonder if square will put in as much effort in wonderswan dev as much as they do now. after all, they wanted to do FF6 remake on gba from the start. if they ever want to show off ff2 and ff3 stateside, they will have to port it to gba anyway.

I guess they might finished the games they are working on, but now that they can develope for the GBA... why would the continue with the WonderSwan?

It has a much smaller install base and its pretty much limited to the Japanese market.

I want Chrono Trigger Advance! :D

I agree man, Chrono Trigger Advanced would rock. Or even better Square force Sony to sell their shares somehow and then make games exclusively for GCN and GBA.

Its not that big a deal, I bet you nintendo is gonna screw this up and you wotn see any games from square, after all who really needs em so far, all the rpg games released for the GBA have been excellent or better.

I don't know if Nintendo will be the one to screw this up.

Something tells me Sony will have it's evil way with this deal.

Lets hope I'm wrong...

after all who really needs em so far, all the rpg games released for the GBA have been excellent or better.
The best they have been is fair.

if they ever want to show off ff2 and ff3 stateside, they will have to port it to gba anyway.
But that won't happen until a port is started in Japan and they don't need any gba ports with their wonderswans. Translating is another barrier. I doubt they will go that far when they could more easily port everything we already have. This is not a next gen. console so usually as little effort is put into the games as possible.

i meant ff2j and ff3j. sorry for being inconsistant. im just excited about the possibility of square porting ff6 to gba. but at the same time i want to be able to play ff2j and ff3j just because they are final fantasy. (the same reason i went to see the movie and played those gameboy SaGa games)

calganagain: "The best they have been is fair." (GBA RPG's)

Me: Ummm, have you by any chance tried Golden Sun?

edit-
Never mind, I read your post in the handhelds section about that game.

(Edited by Fabrizo at 3:21 am on Mar. 17, 2002)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back