Heart of the Alien - PAL conversion trouble

My first hello to the community as I have just bought a Mega CD! :)

I bought it mostly to be able to play Heart of the Alien "as it was meant to be played", but because I have a PAL system, I need to patch it to work. The image I am using is in BIN+CUE format so I extracted the tracks using CD Mage, tried both ISO 2048 and 2352, patched using SCDCONV then generated a new CUE using Sega CUE Maker and burned. It did not work, the game freezes just after the SEGA logo, not acessing the cd anymore.

Now I am more cautious testing every step with Kega Fusion and I am unable to get the game to work after patching with either SCDCONV or CONVSCD, even though it is reported to be ok on the SCDCONV 2.50 compatibility list.

My question hence is: has anyone really managed to get the game working after applying the EUR patch? If so, using what tools and how?

I was in a similar position. Have a PAL megadrive/mega cd/32x. Most games patched to EUR would not boot past the Sega screen - and if they did they would soon crash. Having enough of this I contacted Arakon. Bought his modified bios chip and performed some brain surgery on my mega cd. Now patching iso's is no longer necessary. The flick of a switch tells my mega cd where it is living, and provided your megadrive is modified with a 50/60hz switch, you can play and sega cd iso's. Good luck

Back