Ground breaking MMORPG

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
Ok, so EQ2 was looking a lot better than EQLive.....by a LONG shot. It was looking to be the best MMORPG to date. Well a coupel of days ago, this was set in stone....the announced EQ2 will have FULL voiceovers! Not just sum shitty voice overs either, full on voices...like you would expect in your voiced over console RPG. I would dare say this is better than what u get in most console RPGs. Anyways, if you want a sample of this....and to truely understand why this is so groundbreaking, check out the video below...it's pretty big so BB users only. You can go look on IGN for a much smaller, lower-quality version.

fatty hi-rez demo..... (132.1 MB)

So what does everyone think?

godiana.jpg

haha, it really is amazing and I think it'll be a better game than WoW. WoW appeals more to the die-hard blizzard fans. Most ppl who are non-fanboys I think look more to EQ2. They both have some of the same features but overall I think EQ2 will win....I have yet to play either so I dunno yet *shrug*

BTW, if u haven't seen it, let it download in the background and view it when it's done....definatly worthy of a look to anyone who has/will play a mmorpg.

I dunno, I saw the preview for Matrix online, and it looks pretty cool. Never been an EQ fan though. too many weirdos on there.

I've been thinking about picking up a game like EQ, just to see what it's like. It's strange how addicted some have gotten with this game (and the lawsuits and deaths that have resulted).

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Apr 7, 2004 @ 06:59 PM

haha, it really is amazing and I think it'll be a better game WoW appeals more to the die-hard blizzard fans. Most ppl who are non-fanboys I think look more to EQ2.

Err... I think it'd mostly appeal to the rather large EQ crowd, whom could be considered die-hard fans much more than Blizzard fans. Heck, a lot of people who ARE fans of Blizzard's work aren't too interested in WoW, because their previous work (which we are assuming they liked) was not in the MMORPG field. I actually don't like Blizzard anymore, and haven't since I beta tested Diablo 2 LOD. After WC3, it's going to take a lot of convincing to make me buy another one of their games, in any genre.

With that said, EQ2 will probably be the better game anyway. I am currently playing Lineage 2 OB, and I must say I am fairly disappointed with it. I certainly won't be paying for it after the beta ends. There are so many things wrong with it, and there's no way they can take care of it all in such a short time period. For instance, what's the point of being on a PvP enabled server when PvP is severly punished?

Me: "Hey, please stop stealing my kills!"

Jerkface34: "Get used to it!"

Me: "What the heck are you talking about??"

Jerkface34: "You can't do anything about it, what are you going to do, kill me? Go ahead. Go red."

Well there aren't as many weirdos on EQ as you might think. It's a much more mature atmosphere compared to playing your FPS games online, or a game like Diablo 2. Yes, you do get yer freaks/weirdos, but you get that anywhere.

MTX, whatever you do, dont play the origional EQ. I am not very big into it as it's just sub-par anymore (hence the reason they are making a WHOLE new game, not another expansion). I would wait till this end of summer/fall and check EQ2 or WoW out. They are looking to be the best 2 out there.

About how the game is addictive, it is. You RARELY get bored, and when u get bored is when u have to go sell stuff and whatnot sumtimes. Be warned, if u decide to play it, it will most likely start taking over yer thoughts at school/work. I think as long as yer not a total loner who has no job or no gf, you'll be cool. It's when all u have to do is EQ when u get in trouble :-\......trust me, i've been there, haha.

Ooh, full voice overs... and what's the guarantee they'll be any good?

XIII had some good star power under its belt, too bad it still sucked.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Apr 8, 2004 @ 08:35 PM

Ooh, full voice overs... and what's the guarantee they'll be any good?

Heh, I hope they let you shut people up when you'd rather just read/skim the text...

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Apr 8, 2004 @ 01:02 AM

I've been thinking about picking up a game like EQ, just to see what it's like. It's strange how addicted some have gotten with this game (and the lawsuits and deaths that have resulted).

I highly recommend final fantasy 11. I've been playing it nonstop for weeks and am completely hooked. Me and all 5 of my friends that started playing at the same time so it ain't just me that can't put it down.

I have been playing WoW since november, and imo its quite good. Only MMORPG that I have really kept playing (tried ffxi for a month then quit).

I'm glad to hear that. I hope to get into some part of the beta. I love Warcraft, and the systems look good too. The only downside, is they appear to have gone easy on the gfx. They are making in more accessable to people, instead of designing the game for a system hog.

ya, accessable for everyone....the prob. is is that you'll get more kiddies and shit that way and less gamers (if your a PC gamer or addicted to EQ or sumthin, u have a nice PC...atleast nice enuf :)) Either way, that's cool you got into WoW beta, I tried but I think I missed it *sigh* oh well.....there is always EQ2! *crosses fingers*

i didn't get into WoW beta, i got into friends&family alpha testing, i'm also playing another game by ex-blizzard employees, Guild Wars, its kinda cool, different tho, very nice visuals

I just snagged the char creation disc of suprnova for EQ2. Here is what I came up with after toyin around for abotu 20min. What ya guys think?

Attachments

• silkas.JPG
    silkas.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 114
  • silkas.JPG
    silkas.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 107
Back