Goozex

Scared0o0Rabbit

Established Member
Has anyone on here tried goozex before? It's a service for trading games online. I just signed up today and am going to give it a shot. I'll report back on how it is. If you're interested in giving it a shot too you can use the friend referral of Scared0o0Rabbit to get extra points and trades I guess.

If anyone's heard anything bad about it let me know. This seems like a really promising way to get games without lining gamestops pockets, but I'm hoping it's not too good to be true.

Mods, if having my name in there as a referral thing is a problem then please remove it, I'm mostly just interested in hearing if this service works.

Yep, it works great. :-D

EDIT: Probably should elaborate. 1) if you sign up under rabbit or myself, we get points only if you trade (send) something, so don't feel pressured. 2) You immediately get 1 trade credit and 100 points when you sign up, enough to buy most dreamcast/xbox/ps2 games.

It works really well. All games have an internal value; because of this, buying points is pretty irrational since you can buy the game for less elsewhere, but it basically means you can trade between systems making it supremely flexible. For instance, if I recall, I traded Fallout PC collection and two other games, and then used those points to get GTA IV and Mass Effect for the 360. Basically what I'm trying to say is that the number of points you require to receive the game is how many points you get to send the game. This is unlike Gamestop, where they'll give you $10 for GTA IV and then turn around and sell it for $30.

There are two letdowns: 1) because you get a trade credit and 100 points to sign up, people game the system to get free games. So, people who actively trade shy away from people who recently set up accounts and never traded before. Patience is key for your first trade. 2) trading away extremely popular games can take a while, because there might be a huge lineup to trade an extraordinarily popular game (like a launch title) so you may never get to trade that game. The goozex internal system is pretty good about reducing the number of points for a particular game, but they can't lower it too much (it seems that the point values equate to the used game cost at gamestop).

I will say this: people who trade on goozex have a greater motivation to send you perfect copies of games, since sending scratched games repeatedly can get you kicked off the site. This is unlike gamestop, which buys and sells games in any condition (usually very poor).

For my part, I've stopped hoarding games and pretty much exclusively use this site.

Is the site mainly for use by those based in the US or can people of any country take part?

I noticed the Play Station is the earliest platform available which is a shame.

I think they (goozex) drew the line at cd based materials. Maybe there's a fear of carts getting damaged in transit? You can't resurface a cart... That being said, I agree with you Kuta, it is a shame. No Sega Saturn trading does suck.

I don't think it's the fear of damage to carts thing. Otherwise I don't think they'd let you do gba or ds.

When mailing out cd's, is a jewel case inside a bubble mailer envelope good enough packaging?

I don't think it's the fear of damage to carts thing. Otherwise I don't think they'd let you do gba or ds.

DS/GBA carts feel indestructable compared my genesis carts (even the perfect condition ones). General Chaos has something rattling around inside it (though it works). Though, point taken. Maybe it's just a supply/demand thing? Or it could be too difficult to assign a value... how many points does Gunstar Heroes cost, compared to Assassin's Creed?

---

If you're mailing disc only, yes, that's perfectly fine. My suggestion, if you're going to do a lot of trading, is to get a scale, buy bubble mailers in bulk, and ship using paypal. There's a discount for delivery confirmation. Just goodle 'paypal shipping' and it's the first link.

mtxblau said:
DS/GBA carts feel indestructable compared my genesis carts (even the perfect condition ones). General Chaos has something rattling around inside it (though it works). Though, point taken. Maybe it's just a supply/demand thing? Or it could be too difficult to assign a value... how many points does Gunstar Heroes cost, compared to Assassin's Creed?

---

If you're mailing disc only, yes, that's perfectly fine. My suggestion, if you're going to do a lot of trading, is to get a scale, buy bubble mailers in bulk, and ship using paypal. There's a discount for delivery confirmation. Just goodle 'paypal shipping' and it's the first link.

Like half my genny carts look like they came out of the garbage and make plenty of rattling sounds, and still work like champs. Seems to me that is almost a plus that they still work fine, considering what they've obviously been through!

Back