Gens + Linux

mtxblau

Mid Boss
Just a question to see if anyone may or may not know the answer.

So, I have SuSE 9.2, installed gens 2.12a (RPM ala google) and it runs. However, it runs poorly. As in, I have to run it in normal rendering mode (tiny!) for both full screen and windowed, and any higher the sound clips and the game slows down mightily.

Under 9.0/9.1, didn't have this weird problem.

Gets better.

With Gens win32 (2.11) + Cedega, I can run it fine in an 800x600 window using Kreed AND 44khz sound, with everything enabled (even perfect synchro), and get an excellent/constant 60fps.

With just wine + win32Gens, I can stretch and do whatever I want, and still it works perfect. (Cedega and Wine have two different configs, since Cedega is much better with the games).

I'd like to be able to use my joypads, and haven't quite configured wine to handle them, so any ideas would be grand. And if not, theories would be good too. I'm stumped.

Thanks in advance, as always.

Hmm, I dunno. The Linux version of Gens has never been all that great, but it shouldn't slow down that badly. I would suggest compiling it from source and see what that does for you.

As far as configuring your joypads, if they work fine normally they should work in Cedega/Wine as well.

Back