Gens Homepage Hacked

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Gens Homepage

I just went to thier webpage today and get this really weird screen. Anybody else getting this? Looks like they were hacked. :rant

If you do not know what Gens is it is one of the best Genesis emulators around.

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Apr 4, 2004 @ 12:50 AM

Gens isnt dead. The author is just taking a long vacation from it.

I'm pretty sure Sega contacted Stef and 'convinced' him to stop working on the emu.

What makes you say that? I dount they would do something like that as SEGA has never really had a prob. with roms or anything for their dead systems. I remember a statement by SEGA saying sumthing to the effect that they were suprised people actually played their old games!

I would liek to see a/the source of yer info crazygoon...

If anything I would have said that Sega legitimized Stef's work by licensing it for their own emulator. I'm pretty sure they did licensed it at one point... :huh

Shut down or not, Gens went open source. If people wanted to continue working on it, there wouldn't be much anyone could do about it.

Originally posted by mal@Apr 4, 2004 @ 06:21 AM

If anything I would have said that Sega legitimized Stef's work by licensing it for their own emulator. I'm pretty sure they did licensed it at one point... :huh

It's related to that, Pearl Jammzz. I used the word 'convinced' since I had forgotton what Sega's motive was. But, nevertheless, gens never saw any releases since "that day" ;)

Stef comes onto the irc efnet channel #gens about once a week. Nice guy. I hate to see something like that happen to his page.

Yeah, that's fucked up. What bullshit... I'd like to see them deface someone's property in real life. They'd get the shit beat out of them if the cops didn't get them first.

Back