Gamecube

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about it and then changing my mind.. There aren't going to be a lot of releases of "my type" of games for awhile. So, I've thought about the xbox, and people say that they've "seen it in action" and "it sucks", but it will have more titles out when it's out in stores. The ps2 will have quite a few games out soon as well..

I'll eventually end up getting all of the systems, but I want a system that has good rpgs for it and some nice arcade/fighting games as well...... Star fox adventures won't be out til march and phantasy star 2 online won't be out for awhile either *sigh*

Who knows!

For RPG's, PS2 is a good bet because of (dare I invoke the word?) SquareSoft. GC's Zelda game looks good, too, but that's it so far for RPG's there. As for X-Box... Bah, too freakin' expensive.

I'm not going to go on a Square rant like I usually do (for those who don't know, Square sucks ever since they left the SNES and ruined the FF series). :)

Yes, you won't be finding many RPG's for the GC around launch time. But there are a number in the works. Rune, Too Human, the Retro one (if it actually makes it out), etc.

CrowTRobo

If you're talking about Raven Blade, its dead :(

Which I'm really unhappy about as I was really looking forward to it.

Lets hope Nintendo always Retro to continue production once Metro Prime is done.

Quote: from Karny on 11:13 am on Oct. 5, 2001
If you're talking about Raven Blade, its dead :(

Hmm, it's not dead. That's the only game, besides Metroid, that Retro is currently working on. They did cancel (at least for now) the football game and the car combat game they were working on.

CrowTRobo

(Edited by CrowTRobo at 12:05 pm on Oct. 10, 2001)

Quote: from `Malakai on 4:06 pm on Oct. 4, 2001
So, I've thought about the xbox, and people say that they've "seen it in action" and "it sucks", but it will have more titles out when it's out in stores. The ps2 will have quite a few games out soon as well..

A mate of mine who works for the beast of redmond and is a moderate gaming fan (has 2 consoles) reckons the xbox (they did an office demo a couple days ago) has unbelieveable graphics, she says it kicks everything eles ass... sadly, no gameplay feedback tho... but interesting

(Edited by oompaloompa at 12:25 pm on Oct. 10, 2001)

Sorry Karny, it turns out you were right, Raven Blade was cancelled. :(

What the hell is wrong with Retro? Are they not able to work on more than one game at a time? They are ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if the company closes it's doors after Metroid is done.

CrowTRobo

As far as I know there was a lot of problems with Retro. Lots of great idea's, but they were having major problems making them work, so the teams wear getting down-hearted and their performance was slipping.

Nintendo stepped in a cancelled all other projects but Metroid (cos its by far the most important), most of the staff was moved on to Metroid exclusively and the rest were axed.

Metroid should be good though, cos Shigsy is looking over it personally, which is always a good thing.

I thinkif Retro pulls of Metroid, their spirits will be raised and I think they'll be able to pull of some of the games they *should* be making.

I guess only time will tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back